Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

FrSky HV receiver question

Old 10-28-2010, 12:06 PM
Jerry Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FrSky HV receiver question

Can this be used with standard servos? I ordered one of these by mistake with my FrSky JR module.
http://www.himodel.com/radios/FrSky_...n_V8R7-HV.html
Old 10-28-2010, 02:03 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: FrSky HV receiver question

hobby king's website shows the RX as 4-7.4 volts, so I would assume it's ok with standard servos. I am guessing that it passes the battery voltage direct to the servos, but all of the internal circuitry including the decoder that provides the control pulses to the servos are probably running off a voltage regulator, so I doubt if it will hurt any regular servos.

Now, that's all assumptions on my part, but I've been thinking about an FrSky module and receiver or two to go in my JR transmitters just to play with, too. Keep us posted on how it works out!

Jerry - did you happen to fly with the Johnson County Aeronauts a long time ago? I did..
Old 10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
FSFLYER
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FrSky HV receiver question

The receiver is rated between 3-16vdc. Just use your regular battery pack and it will work fine. I use mine with 2 LiPo cells 7.4vdc, but you have to use servos that will work with that voltage level.