Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Anyone tried GWS standard high torque servo's??

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 04:17 AM
catboater
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried GWS standard high torque servo's??

I bought a couple of GWS standard servos on E-Bay for $11.95 each. The torque is rated @ 100 ozs. which is more than my JR 537's. Before I put them in a .60 size warbird I was wondering if anybody had any experience with them.

I have several of GWS's other smaller servos and am quite pleased with them but, my P-47 ain't no park flyer.

Any info will be appreciated!
Old 08-02-2003, 02:33 PM
strato911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone tried GWS standard high torque servo's??

I have six of them (S03-T with 100oz-in torque w/ 4.8V), and am happy with them, despite their limited air time (plane crashed due to design flaws). They are slower than most servos (.33s / 60º), but plenty strong for the price. When used with 6.0V, their speed comes close to most servos on 4.8V.

There are 3 things everyone wants in a servo, but can only get 2... you choose which 2:[list=1][*]Strong[*]Fast[*]Inexpensive[/list=1]

In the case of these servos, you have chosen Strong and Inexpensive.