Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR R700 Flutter on 4 different Rx's

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:05 AM
RickShane
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR R700 Flutter on 4 different Rx's

Hello,
Ibought a JR6102 onhere that came with 4 JR R700 slimlinereceivers,3 R600's, some micros, and a few different kinds. For a total of 13 receivers. Everything is in channel35.Everyone of my R700 flutter onmy kitchen tablewith the radio off.Idon't have thisproblem with the 9 other receivers. If Imoved the planeto another room it went away, soIt didn't really bother me UNTIL Iwas out at theflying field, turned on the receiver (Got the flutter)then turned on the radio andtheflutter stopped.When I took ONE step awayfrom the plane Ilost contact with it,one step forward, and I got it back. After it was on for a few minutes it all went away. Idid a 300 yard range check with antenna down with no problems. What could this be? I do have one R600 that when radio is off and Imove the RX antenna around,the fhrottle servo makes small jumps to the front opening the carb.Ifly 2 other planes with this radio and NEVER aglitch or anything like this. Ieven put the planes next to another and flutter on the R700, and my other planes just fine. So I know it's notthe frequency, the room I'm in, or the TX.Could Ihave a bad bunch of receivers? or crystals? What's going on here?Also Ihave a JR NER-236XZ PCMreceiver that Ican't get to work. When I select my Corsair on the TX, and put it inSPCMmode for that planeIgetnothing out of the RX. Can anyone help me figure this out?

I havea total of 16 receivers on channel 35 one was on ch 49 but Iput a ch 35 crystal in it and it works fine. It's just the R700's that are freaking out on me. Are the R700's junk? I put 6 flights on my Top flight Corsair 60 with the R700 with no problems until Ilost contact with it one step awaylast weekend.

Any thoughts would be great!
Thanks!!

Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
wcmorrison
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: JR R700 Flutter on 4 different Rx's

I chaulk it up to the receiver hunting for a signal.  Once a signal is detected, the hunting stops because the receiver is sync'ed in to the transmitter.  I have only had one receiver do this but I can not figure out that anything else going on.  If I recall right, JR does not typically use dual conversion in their systems which does not give you as much signal rejection.  But then I don't think that has much to do with it.

So turn on your tranny first, then you air machine.  And the jitter will go away or at least you will not see it or be subject to it.

Chip
Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 AM
Rodney

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: JR R700 Flutter on 4 different Rx's

Your problem is really not a problem. Most AM and FM receivers can have spurious responses when turned on with no transmitter on. There is enough random electrical noise in the air (especially near florescent lights, small motors etc.) to cause this problem. That is why you are usually told to ALWAYS turn the transmitter on first, then the receiver. Then reverse this when turning things off, the receiver off first then the transmitter off.