Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Receivers for Futaba 2.4Ghz

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 02:27 PM
wgregww

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Receivers for Futaba 2.4Ghz

Can anyone tell me if there are aftermarket receivers that would work with my 7C 2.4GHz radio. I need more and I can't afford to keep buying the Futaba. Also, is there a way to make the radio work with the Spektrum receivers?
Old 11-23-2010, 02:47 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Receivers for Futaba 2.4Ghz

places like hobbyking.com have receivers that claim to work with the Futaba system. I don't own any, can't say from first hand experience.

And I don't believe there's any way to make them work with the Spektrum receivers. Pretty sure on that one.

Old 11-23-2010, 02:55 PM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

as mentioned, each brand is proprietary and cannot be interchanged....

Yes...there are inexpensive, nay, cheap clones at Hobby King.... use at your own risk as there would be no way to verify quality and there may be a challenge should warranty issues show up.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:42 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hobby King has the same receivers in JR/Spektrum compatible versions. I have not purchased any, yet. Try them in a cheap aircraft and see what you think. I would use caution until reports come in on any issues others have found.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:18 AM
forrest gump

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ve been using one of these for $29 from hobby king for a couple of weeks.They have very good reviews .They bind in s lightly different way but in 1 secondo on 7ch mode or multi channel mode and have failsafe on all channels and high speed mode with 7ms latency if required.I have used them with an 8fg and a 12fg with no problems.

http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14300&Product_Name=OrangeRx_Futaba_FASST_Compatible_8Ch_ 2.4Ghz_Receiver_(PREORDER)

I think futaba are letting these on the market with out a fight as they know they will be releasing some telemetry ones soon so have no need to worry..fg
Old 11-25-2010, 08:19 PM
Mikecam

We have some of the HK Futaba RX's at our field and they all have worked fine. Flew one as far out as we dared and no issues. Not sure I would trust them in anything big.
Old 11-25-2010, 11:29 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: forrest gump

I ve been using one of these for $29 from hobby king for a couple of weeks.They have very good reviews .They bind in s lightly different way but in 1 secondo on 7ch mode or multi channel mode and have failsafe on all channels and high speed mode with 7ms latency if required.I have used them with an 8fg and a 12fg with no problems.

http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDHOBBIES/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=14300&Product_Name=OrangeRx_Futaba_FASST_Compatible_8Ch_ 2.4Ghz_Receiver_(PREORDER)

I think futaba are letting these on the market with out a fight as they know they will be releasing some telemetry ones soon so have no need to worry..fg
Futaba can't do anything. Patents on FHSS expired years ago.