Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 12:12 AM
tkigar
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Please help

I am new and just purchased a airtronics 4 chanel radio. its a vanguard vg4r fm in mode II with ch 43 installed. I need to know what type of servos and reciever i need to use with this radio. I want to install 5 servos and need the model numbers of the right type to use in my plane. also the model number or type of reciever i should use. also if youhave any info onbattery pack and charging equipment i need for this radio would be of great help to me. feel free to e mail me at [email protected] i live up in the high desert of southern california and would like to meet other r/c flyers who might be willing to help me learn this great hobby.
thanks for your time Tim
Old 12-10-2002, 02:37 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

i just started in rc aircraft myself about a year ago.one place to start is tower hobbies,there catalog has basic info on what you need.their #1-800-637-6050.another one is horizon hobby,get their big book of radio control,their #1-800-338-4639.you should also contact the ama (Acadamy of Model Aeronautics).ask them for an info kit and the location of the nearest club.dont try to go it alone,i did and it cost me 2 planes.also buy a rc airplane mag,there are a lot of books and info to buy in there.as to servos,i use towers ts-53 standard,there the same as futaba but only 9 dollars apeice.tower or horizon will tell you which receiver,batteries,ect that you might need.
Old 12-10-2002, 02:48 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help

tim, almost forgot,make sure the radio has a gold sticker on the back.it will be an rf check sticker, it should have one.if not it is an illegal radio and cant be used at club flying feilds as far as i know.you can call me if you want if you need any more help or info.like i said, ive only been in this hobby for about a year but i did a lot of reading and searching after my first two planes.i have six now that i have built.matt-520-689-2121.
Old 12-10-2002, 09:28 PM
daveopam
My Feedback: (9)

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Please help

Tim , Ihope you didn't pay to much for the radio. I think you can buy a new radio with all you need for less
then buying all the parts you need. that is what I would recomend and just use the first one to buddy box.
later daveo