Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Frequency ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 07:05 PM
gorchew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frequency ?

Hello, on the back of my Futaba 6EXAP manual it says "Note: Should you ever wish to change the transmitter frequency, the transmitter must be sent to the Futaba service center for retuning." Is that referring to switching out of the 72 MHz range or even more specifically to channel changes within 72 MHz? thanks- Gorchew
Old 01-15-2011, 07:11 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Frequency ?

Legally, we are not allowed to change the Transmitter crystals ourselves as it could throw the RF section out of tune and, perhaps, affect adjacent channels. Even though you can buy Transmitter crystals and physically change them yourself, you risk interfering with other radios.

You are supposed to send the Transmitter in and have it done by a technician who will retune the Transmitter.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:46 AM
Scar
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Frequency ?

ORIGINAL: gorchew

Hello, on the back of my Futaba 6EXAP manual it says ''Note: Should you ever wish to change the transmitter frequency, the transmitter must be sent to the Futaba service center for retuning.'' Is that referring to switching out of the 72 MHz range or even more specifically to channel changes within 72 MHz? thanks- Gorchew
The FCC authorizes 50 "Channels" for 72MHz use (in the range from 72 to 73 MHz) on RC aircraft, numbered 11 through 60. You can pick a different number in that range, and have Futaba switch your transmitter to that channel number and frequency.

There are other frequency ranges like 35MHz (common overseas, for instance) but the message you refer to is about channels 11 through 60 in the 72MHz range.

Best wishes,
Dave Olson