Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

No joy- LOST in mail

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 08:10 AM
DadsToysBG
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No joy- LOST in mail

Sent two AR9000 by US mail to Horizon for updating 3 weeks ago and they never arrived. Well now it's back to the CC too replace them. Dennis
Old 01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: No joy- LOST in mail

did you send it just regular first class?
Old 01-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Insurance is a must on any shipment you can't afford to loose, be it USPS, UPS, Fedex, or who ever. You seldom need it, however over the last five years, I've had one shipment go missing and one damaged beyond repair. For all the other shipments, the insurance was a waste of money, but for these two, i saved me near a grand in loss.

Don
Old 01-20-2011, 11:22 AM
BuschBarber

Federal Express will not let you insure a model airplane anymore, no matter how much it is worth. This, of course, does not apply to radios. Greyhound has great rates for shipping boxes, but the maximum insurance is $300.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:49 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Federal Express will not let you insure a model airplane anymore, no matter how much it is worth. This, of course, does not apply to radios. Greyhound has great rates for shipping boxes, but the maximum insurance is $300.
I guess that means FEDX does not want to transport model airplanes anymore, I wonder if they had a lot
damanged models they had to pay for?

Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
BuschBarber

As I understand it, an expensive model of some architectural building was damaged in transit and the cost of the replacement triggered a cutback in Insurance Coverage.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:25 PM
DadsToysBG

you'r all right. I saw a $1.60 or $8.00. I went cheap. Dennis
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
summerwind

the one and only time i sent a Rx to Hobbico it never got there.
the 6014 futaba caused a crash which was heat related and it was imperative to get this Rx in Hobbico's hands as i took a lot of heat on this board from my claim which was never proven either way...............

i did ship an engine last year to someone and it got lost too, but insurance is still in the process.............looks more to be a battle than anything else.

i feel your pain
Old 01-21-2011, 06:24 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Yup the shipping thing isn't getting any easier either, but I generally follow Horizon's guidelines if you will; anything under $50.00 can go USPS Priority Mail but I always get a delivery confirmation, over that I usually use FedEx as UPS is not only more expensive but the last couple of years it seems like they just beat the h*ll out of the boxes.

Kind of got me wondering if it was wise to violate my own rule this morning as I sent a little YS-110 over to Richard for an overhaul and did it USPS Priority Mail using delivery confirmation with insurance and two things are bothering me right now; the package should have shown up in Reno last night for delivery today, but it's not showing arrived in Reno on the tracking website yet this morning and I have a lost software order with delivery confirmation which is showing it was delivered yesterday here, but the entry on the tracking website shows it was in a city 40 miles north of here the same day. The Post Office is investigating. I hope I don't wind up with two packages they have to "investigate" as the software is easily replaceable by the vendor, the engine is not....
Old 01-21-2011, 09:07 AM
DadsToysBG

Heres another horror story about prority mail. Bobby at Cactus sent a pair of mufflers from AZ. to Ky. with tracking. They showed up the next day in Louisville, Ky. going out to Bowling Green, Ky, Never showed delivery. Three months later they got to me. Louisville is a 2 hour drive from me. I think somtime in the future horizon will get my rececivers, but by then i my be to old to use them. Dennis
Old 01-22-2011, 08:04 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Well it's not looing good for 'ya, sorry 'bout that....

On my end, the software showed up yesterday and my YS-110 shows delivered in Minden, NV where Richard's shop is located.... whew.... 'gotta quit using USPS for that kind of stuff....