Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

*RX60 (92664) Will Not Bind*

Old 01-31-2011, 05:58 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *RX60 (92664) Will Not Bind*

I bought the RX60 6-channel park flyer reciever that I put in my foamie. I cannot get it to bind properly. I'm using the SD-10G TX and I have the modulation set on FH1. I can get the reciever blue light to flash quickly and stay on but the servos will not work. The servos will make a noise when I first try to bind but that's it. Any ideas guys???
Old 01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
Zor
Banned

Default RE: *RX60 (92664) Will Not Bind*

Zippi,

Someone recently reported the same situation and found he had his servo plugged in the reverse way.

Like the servo signal wire was grounded and the servo ground was on the signal pin of the receiver.

For whatever this is worth.

Zor
Old 02-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Zippi

Zor,

Thanks for the info. Having the plugs backwards was my first thought but when I reversed them the receiver did nothing. The receiver seems to be doing what it's suppose to do. I'm using three new Power HD D65HB Digital Micro Servo . What are the odds of all three being bad [sm=confused.gif]. I have some HD servos off my gassers. I think I'll try one of those and see what happens.

Update,

Before I left for work this morning I was dieing to try one of my Hitec servos. Worked like a champ. I tried the third HD servo and it worked. The two that I glued into my foamie were bad. Now my question is, what is the best way to remove servos that have been glued into a foamie ???

Old 02-01-2011, 01:32 PM
Zor
Banned

Hi Zippi,

Glad that you found "what is going on".

To remove the glued in servos and depending on how many faces have been glued I think all you can do is cut the foam all around . On the sides itshould not be too difficult. Leave the glue on the servos till they are out and clean that when the servos are in your hands.

If they are glued on the back side you may have to cut in from behind and then make pieces of foam to fill in the cavity from behind by gluing in some foam blocks well fitted in.

Suggest you do not glue the replacements in.
There is many ways I can think of to fasten the new ones in place. I will leave that to your initiative. I know what I would do but I am trying to avoid negative comments.

I cannot think of a better way to remove them.
When there is a will there is a way ____ .

Good luck and enjoy your work.

Zor
Old 02-01-2011, 01:47 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zippi - In my RC club, we use Goop to attach servos to Foam surfaces, or any surface where it is not practical to use servo mounts or screws. Goop creates enough friction with the servo case and the surface you are mounting the servo to, yet, it can be peeled off if you need to remove and reinstall it or mount it somewhere else. Goop does not damage the surfaces it is attached to.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Zippi

Thanks for all the comments guys. I used a sharp double edge blade and went in just under both tabs of the servo and it removed very little of the foam. Worked out really well.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:22 AM
Zor
Banned

Zippi,

It is nice to see an expert at work.

See if you can post pictures of the model witht the replacement servos installed.

Regards de Zor