Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DSMX

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:05 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Spektrum DSMX

ORIGINAL: DadsToysBG

Found this on another theard. Follow COCTAS for about 6pages. This is the best I've ever read and how our radios work. Dennis
http://www.archeli.com.au/forums/sho...142732&page=10
A very nice and informative site on that link that is well worth looking at for the frequency occupation.

Zor

Old 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM
drainpipepilot-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, how does Hitec AFHSS compare?????????
Old 02-26-2011, 11:32 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Compares favourably to Futaba and DSMX since it hops on 20 channels or can be used in "scan" mode which repicks the 20 every time.
Old 02-26-2011, 03:26 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Once SPEKTRUM introduced the 2.4 concept into the flying groups -and prooved it is a superior setup- ,everyboby else did similar setups and -they all work- hopping skipping jumping - pick yer poison
The real issue -still -is getting the parts and support equipment done right
Any brand - name yer favorite -can be screwed up in a heatbeat.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:07 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Dick, I was going to ask you a question; At the TCRC auction my Dad picked up a Runaround with retracts and a ST90 in the nose. What were the specs of this plane, ws, area, length, etc? He is going to use it this summer for advanced pattern and I haven't found out much about it. I did hear on RCU that it is still available as a kit to this day, but no idea where as my google searches have been fruitless..... thanks! I can't wait to see it next time I go to Minneapolis. He said it is well used but setup nicely. I told him I would get some specifics for him.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:52 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I designed the basic Runaround (fiberglass kit version)to use either .91 or 1.2 four cycle engines
three different wing /tail assy's
largest was 800sq -smallest 700 squares
Also wings were done double taper or straight TE
performance was best - to me- in th smallest one with a modified OS.91 and all up weight at just a little over 7 lbs This setup had better fuselage to wing size -so even at slow speeds -rolling stuff required hardly any correction.
It was more like the present concepts than the earlier Tipo concept -which worked better at faster speed. Using a ST90 -an dprobably the 800 sq in wing - the plane was a good solid flyer but engine was over the size rules