Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Airtronics Dual Charger for SD10G

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 04:01 PM
edulago

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics Dual Charger for SD10G

Hi everybody,

does anyone know what is output specification of Airtronics SD10G dual charger (voltage/current) ? I have the old wall charger (I'm one of the owners that need to charge the TX battery outside the radio)...

Best Regards
Old 02-11-2011, 07:35 AM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Airtronics Dual Charger for SD10G

Inserts in red by Zor
ORIGINAL: edulago

Hi everybody,
Hi 2 U 2
does anyone know what is output specification of Airtronics SD10G dual charger (voltage/current) ? I have the old wall charger

Line above is not clear. That old wall charger, is that the Airtronics charger?
Since you are asking, is there no writings on a label on that old charger ?

(I'm one of the owners that need to charge the TX battery outside the radio)...

Since you need to charge the battery ouside the radio ___
Is that because you are using a lipo ?

If so, the old charger may not be suitable to charge a lipo.

Best Regards
Please try to give us more infomation so we can help you.

Zor
Old 02-11-2011, 08:55 AM
AltaTed

Ask Dave at Radical.  Radical R C <[email protected]>  He's an Airtronics dealer and may have quick answer for you.
Old 02-14-2011, 03:14 PM
edulago

ORIGINAL: Zor

Inserts in red by Zor

Hi everybody,
Hi 2 U 2
does anyone know what is output specification of Airtronics SD10G dual charger (voltage/current) ? I have the old wall charger

Line above is not clear. That old wall charger, is that the Airtronics charger ?
Since you are asking, is there no writings on a label on that old charger ?

(I'm one of the owners that need to charge the TX battery outside the radio)...

Since you need to charge the battery ouside the radio _ _ _
Is that because you are using a lipo ?

If so, the old charger may not be suitable to charge a lipo.

Best Regards
Please try to give us more infomation so we can help you.

Zor
Hi Zor,

you are right... my description about my problem was poor of details... Let's try again...

I'm using the standard NIMH battery that comes with the transmitter. In the beginning, Airtronics/Sanwa used to ship the transmitter with a wall charger with output voltage rated 8.5V@150mA. This charger is not capable to charge the battery to its maximum capacity (at least in some units). Unfortunately this is my case. Every time I need to charge my battery, I have to remove it from the transmitter and charge it using another charger (Turnigy Accucell).

I realized that the charger shipped now in new US units is different from the one shipped in the beginning of SD10G sales. Now it's called "New Airtronics Dual Charger for SD10G". I would like to know if the output specifications of this charger is the same from previous one (8.5V@150mA) or different.

If it is different, what are the specs (maybe if I buy this new charger I will be able to charge my NIMH batteries without removing them from the transmitter)?

I hope my description is better this time...

Best Regards
Old 02-14-2011, 04:06 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

edulago - I assume that your NiMh Tx battery is 8cell AA (9.6v). Many Tx's, from different manufacturers, come with Wall Chargers (sometimes called Wall Worts). While in most cases they are adequate to charge your NiCad or NiMh over an 18 hour period, they give you no feedback as to how much of a charge you have put in to the batteries and they do not allow you to Cycle the batteries (Charge/Discharge), to give you an accurate idea of the current Capacity of the batteries.

You might want to invest in a Cycling charger such as the Triton 2, for example.

Another battery type to look at is the Eneloop battery. It is form of NiMh that holds it's charge more like a LiPo.

I happen to use 2cell LiPo 2500mah batteries in all my Tx's. Others use A123 cells.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Zor
Banned

Hi Zor,

you are right... my description about my problem was poor of details... Let's try again...

I'm using the standard NIMH battery that comes with the transmitter. In the beginning, Airtronics/Sanwa used to ship the transmitter with a wall charger with output voltage rated 8.5V@150mA. This charger is not capable to charge the battery to its maximum capacity (at least in some units). Unfortunately this is my case. Every time I need to charge my battery, I have to remove it from the transmitter and charge it using another charger (Turnigy Accucell).

I realized that the charger shipped now in new US units is different from the one shipped in the beginning of SD10G sales. Now it's called "New Airtronics Dual Charger for SD10G". I would like to know if the output specifications of this charger is the same from previous one (8.5V@150mA) or different.

If it is different, what are the specs (maybe if I buy this new charger I will be able to charge my NIMH batteries without removing them from the transmitter)?

I hope my description is better this time...

Best Regards
An 8.5 volts charger is for a 7.2 volts battery.

A 9.6 volts battery needs an 11.1 volts charger usually rated at about 110 miliamperes.

I do not know what battery you have in this transmitter.

Zor
Old 02-14-2011, 07:12 PM
BuschBarber

Hi everybody,

does anyone know what is output specification of Airtronics SD10G dual charger (voltage/current) ? I have the old wall charger (I'm one of the owners that need to charge the TX battery outside the radio)...

Best Regards
https://www.airtronics.net/index.php...aitfile_id/89/

According to the manual for your radio, you have a 6cell battery (7.2v). This is a perfect candidate for a 2cell LiPo Tx pack. They are faster to charge, they hold their charge for months. I use an FMA 10S charger on all my LiPos. I have 3cell 2500mah packs in all my transmitters. I do not have to recharge for weeks at a time. I do have to remove my Tx batteries, from the Tx, when I charge.

Your manual clearly states that the circuitry in the Tx will interfere with a Peak Detection charger's operation, resulting in overcharging the battery and damaging the battery or the Tx. You would need to remove the battery from the Tx if you used a charger like the Triton2

Here is the manual addendum on the replacement Overnight Dual Charger:

https://www.airtronics.net/index.php...itfile_id/107/

Apparently, the original charger shipped with the radio was could not charge NiMh batteries through the charging jack on the Tx. They mention charging for 8-12 hours, but no more than 12 hours.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:24 PM
Zor
Banned

I suppose the two links you posted do work at your location.

They just produce a dark screen here.

Zor
Old 02-15-2011, 01:37 PM
BuschBarber

These links are pointing to manuals that have been published in the Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. This is a common format used for RC Radio manuals, among other things.

If you have not updated your version of Adobe Reader, here is the link to the Download:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
Old 02-15-2011, 02:08 PM
BuschBarber

Here is another link to the Airtronics SD-10G.

Click on the link to the Manual download and the Charger addendum.

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...att-sd10g.html
Old 02-15-2011, 05:20 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

These links are pointing to manuals that have been published in the Adobe Reader (.pdf) format. This is a common format used for RC Radio manuals, among other things.

If you have not updated your version of Adobe Reader, here is the link to the Download:

http://get.adobe.com/reader/?promoid=BUIGO
My Adobe reader is up to date.
It was updated just a few days ago and I just tried to update it again and it says I am up to date.with the latest version already installed.

Stil those two links just come up with an all dark uniform screen.

I also get a note that these sites are encrypted.

Can anyone open these sites ? Please let us know.

Zor
Old 02-15-2011, 05:30 PM
BuschBarber

Have you tried the link to the Airtronics web site that I included in my last post? It has the two links to the Manual and the Battery Charger Addendum.

I use Mozilla Firefox 3.6 as my web browser. I additionally have Adobe Flash and Adobe Shockwave installed. Many times, these players are necessary to display the content on a web site.

I also use OpenOffice instead of Microsoft Office. It is free to download and reads most Microsoft Office formats.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
BuschBarber

If you have not done this already, go to the following link:

http://www.airtronics.net/index.php/...att-sd10g.html

Right Click on the link to the manual and choose Save Link As. It can then be saved to your hard drive as a PDF file. You can then do the same from the Charger Addendum link. You should then be able to open these files in Adobe Reader.

I am using Windows 7 Professional 64bit.

When I Left Click on those links, it opens the documents inside Firefox. Perhaps there is an Adobe Reader addon that is necessary for your Web Browser.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:56 PM
edulago

Hi everybody,

I got the information from Airtronics... The Overnight dual charger delivers 12V@150mA to TX... A big difference from the original one (8.5V@150mA)... Probably the new one will be able to charge my 6 cell NIMH battery inside TX.

Thanks again