Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

DX7 Mixing question

Old 03-21-2011, 08:24 PM
GravityWorx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DX7 Mixing question

Hey all,

I have a DX7 that I am using with a Delta wing setup. I would like to know if you can program the elevator to react with the throtle. For example: At low speed I think I will require down elevator in order to maintain level flight. As the throtle is increased the elevator would compensate for the speed returning to normalto again maintain level flight. Am I dreaming or is this an actual capability of the Tx.

Thanks

Erich
Old 03-21-2011, 08:30 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: DX7 Mixing question

ORIGINAL: GravityWorx

Hey all,

I have a DX7 that I am using with a Delta wing setup. I would like to know if you can program the elevator to react with the throtle. For example: At low speed I think I will require down elevator in order to maintain level flight. As the throtle is increased the elevator would compensate for the speed returning to normal to again maintain level flight. Am I dreaming or is this an actual capability of the Tx.

Thanks

Erich
Have you tried setting up a Programmable Mix with Throttle as the Master and Elevator as the Slave?
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 PM
GravityWorx

No I have not. This is my first Tx and i have got the delta setup working fine. I did not want to mess with any other settings before first asking the experts..
I understand what you are suggesting, now what are the steps. I believe I want about 30 percent down elevator at lower throtle but how is this accomplished.

thanks

Erich
Old 03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
BuschBarber

No I have not. This is my first Tx and i have got the delta setup working fine. I did not want to mess with any other settings before first asking the experts..
I understand what you are suggesting, now what are the steps. I believe I want about 30 percent down elevator at lower throtle but how is this accomplished.

thanks

Erich
I do not have a DX7 in front of me. In most cases, you would pick a Programmable Mixer, Enable it, and choose the Master (Throttle) and Slave (Elevator) channels, and then play with the numbers until you get the correct response. If you run into problems, you can set the PM to Inhibit and it will no longer affect your setup.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:09 PM
GravityWorx

Thanks Rich, Will play with these steps. Thanks for helping me understand Master and slave better.

Erich
Old 03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
BuschBarber

Thanks Rich, Will play with these steps. Thanks for helping me understand Master and slave better.

Erich
Anytime!!
Old 03-22-2011, 04:10 AM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

forget the 30% - and DO setup the mix on a switch easily accessed -the flap switch can have two of these mixes included
This idea has been used by various pattern flyers to attempt to get the magic "hands off for the total flight "
setup
at speed, a teeeensy weeeesy bit of deflection is very effective
Be careful-
Old 03-22-2011, 04:52 AM
AA5BY

I recently made the mix you describe on my JR 7202 which is quite similar to the DX-7. The mix is a thro to elev mix. Under rates, I have the upper number 0 and the lower number -4%. I have the sw setting on as I want it on at all times. The offset is 0.

The effect is to adjust the pitch attitude trim down slightly for power off.

Note: While I was playing with the numbers, the mix was left on the mix switch so it could be turned off to prevent being locked into something unwanted. Once happy with the number, it was changed from 'mix sw' to 'On' least one forget to turn it on and expect it to be on during landing.

btw... rmh is very correct, you certainly don't want any 30% number. My plane suffered what I'd describe as a moderate trim need at low power and I started with -3% and added one percent more for the magic feel. A slight trim need would be between 1-2 percent and I'm guessing a strong need would be in the range of 5-7 remembering of course that the number should be a negative number if trimming for down.
Old 03-22-2011, 01:00 PM
GravityWorx

rmh and AA5BY,

Thank you for your additional input. Yes I agree that 30% is a rather large number. I think I moved a decimalp lace in my clustered brain.

rmh- I want the throtle to control the deflection as my build is The Miss Hangar One/ and another version. If I were to use switches for the flap control I think I would be to busy. Then again what do I know as I am very new to this. Thats why it is so great to have eager people like you to help. I will always have an open mind because I really don't like boxes!!!

AA5BY- And thanks for the heads up on the negative number aspect....kinda important. Would have figured it out but better to have been taught!

Thanks guys. I will let you know my progress before flight as I know I will have some more bugs to work out. So close I can taste it!

Thanks,

Erich

"If it can't fly..force it, if it crashes...it needed replacing anyway!"