Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba 10c

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Sean Reilly
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 10c

I bought the futaba 10c airplane version and was wondering .... can that radio fly fm receivers as it is out of the box or do I need to get a different module? It came as a 2.4 with that module installed. I like this radio and some of my other planes are already set up with channel 16 Hitech receivers or channel 34 futaba. It would be easy if I coulod just take one transmitter to the feild ... plus I could use the computer to set the parameters?
Old 03-22-2011, 03:54 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 10c

ORIGINAL: Sean Reilly

I bought the futaba 10c airplane version and was wondering .... can that radio fly fm receivers as it is out of the box or do I need to get a different module? It came as a 2.4 with that module installed. I like this radio and some of my other planes are already set up with channel 16 Hitech receivers or channel 34 futaba. It would be easy if I coulod just take one transmitter to the feild ... plus I could use the computer to set the parameters?
In the manual, on pg 7, it describes the TP-FM module for PPM or PCM. It is a synthesizer module so you dial the 72Mhz channel you want to use and it will be compatible with your Hitec receivers. It probably will not support any Hitec PCM receivers, only PPM receivers.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:58 PM
Campgems

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your 10C is one of the modular ones, with the antenna on the 2.4 RFmodule and the 72mhz antenna in the standard location. then any of the 9C RF modules will work, including the ones for Ham bands and for European frequencies. You don't have to limit yourself to the synthesized module. PPMand PCM for 72mhz bands are independent of the RF module, but are set on Parameter screen 2 of the main menu. The 10C modular determines if you have a 72 or 2.4 RF module. If it detects a 72 (ham or 35 also) it gives you the option of PPMor PCM on the Parameter menu. If it detects a 2.4 module, the it gives you the option of 7 ch or 10 ch mode depending on the RX you are using. That is why I went to the 10C to begin with, so Icould migrate to 2.4 without obsoleting my inventory of 72 mhz Receivers.

Don

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Sean Reilly
My Feedback: (4)

So I should get the 9c module? I have the regular antena which I dont extend at this time because the 2.4 module has its own short antena. I hear that there is one that will allow you to tune any channel you wish?
Old 03-23-2011, 12:44 PM
pilotpete2

Here's the modules you can use in the 10C.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...I=LXH256**&P=V
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXHKB1&P=0
Quite a bit more money for the "Dial a Crash" model
If you buy used you'll pay a lot less. I sold the 72 Mhz module from my 9C last year for 15 bucks to a friend.
Pete