Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

hitec aurura throttle issue

Old 04-13-2011, 03:33 PM
peter baldino
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hitec aurura throttle issue

hi . wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased a new hitec aurura 9 ch. radio. I'm using it if a new plane . all was going smoothly until I got to the throttle setup. everything was conected ( linkage ) ok,but when i tried it out i found a dead spot in the throttle movement between one quarter and half throttle. this is not a good spot to have no throttle response , especially when trying to land a plane. I've tried a different servo on the throttle channel , but still have that dead spot between one quarter and half throttle. So i think the problem lies in the transmitter and programming set up . i would appreciate and ideas on how to solve this issue.
thanks.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: hitec aurura throttle issue

ORIGINAL: peter baldino hi . wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased a new hitec aurura 9 ch. radio. I'm using it if a new plane . all was going smoothly until I got to the throttle setup. everything was conected ( linkage ) ok,but when i tried it out i found a dead spot in the throttle movement between one quarter and half throttle. this is not a good spot to have no throttle response , especially when trying to land a plane. I've tried a different servo on the throttle channel , but still have that dead spot between one quarter and half throttle. So i think the problem lies in the transmitter and programming set up . i would appreciate and ideas on how to solve this issue. thanks.

EP or GP??
Open a new model, set Acro, one aileron, one engine, normal tailplane.
Check [Monitor] to ensure the 4 controls are working correctly.
Check [Channel] to verify ports into which servo are to be inserted and connect - do not use an ESC/BEC.
( in need use the supplied 4 cell AA battery holderand switch used for ID-Setup.)

Turn on Aurora and then Transceiver.
. Check servo movements are all equal - if AOK, revisit your programming for the other model.
. If an ESC is being used, the ESC may need to be re-programmed - many do have to be reset for each different TX.

more underHitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips.
{Individual Links often updated}

In need, contact Hitec Warranty & Service direct.

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

(quick search = Ctrl+F)

Old 04-14-2011, 04:57 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: hitec aurura throttle issue

ORIGINAL: peter baldino

hi . wondering if anyone can help. I recently purchased a new hitec aurura 9 ch. radio. I'm using it if a new plane . all was going smoothly until I got to the throttle setup. everything was conected ( linkage ) ok,but when i tried it out i found a dead spot in the throttle movement between one quarter and half throttle. this is not a good spot to have no throttle response , especially when trying to land a plane. I've tried a different servo on the throttle channel , but still have that dead spot between one quarter and half throttle. So i think the problem lies in the transmitter and programming set up . i would appreciate and ideas on how to solve this issue.
thanks.
As A.T. has said, if you are using an ESC, for an electric powered aircraft, there are several parameters that may need to be reprogrammed. I just had a friend who set up a small Cub with an Eflite 10a ESC and a 2cell LiPo 7.4v pack. When he advanced the Throttle, the motor would run for a couple of seconds and then quit. The default Voltage Cuttoff was set, by default, to 3cell LiPo. I followed the instructions to reset it to 2cell LiPo and all was well again.

If the motor is Glow or Gas powered, the Midrange, it the carburetor adjustment, may be too Rich, which would cause a hesitation. If you actually see the Throttle Servo stop moving as you move the Throttle Stick, then that is another matter.