Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Tx Compatibility Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 05:24 PM
sambainbridge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tx Compatibility Question

I'm relatively new to the whole rc heli thing. I currently fly a Blade MSR and am loving it. I want to take it to the next level. So my question: isa Spektrum DX7 Tx compatible with a Walkera 4f200lm? If I understand it correctly, I believe the receivers are interchangable in the heli.... is this true? In that case, I would assume I need an AR6100 or something of the like.Please help me understand how all the pieces fit together, as I said I am relatively new to this. If there is already a post somewhere else about this, please point me to it. Thank you very much!

-Sam
Old 04-17-2011, 06:18 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tx Compatibility Question

ORIGINAL: sambainbridge

I'm relatively new to the whole rc heli thing. I currently fly a Blade MSR and am loving it. I want to take it to the next level. So my question: is a Spektrum DX7 Tx compatible with a Walkera 4f200lm? If I understand it correctly, I believe the receivers are interchangable in the heli.... is this true? In that case, I would assume I need an AR6100 or something of the like. Please help me understand how all the pieces fit together, as I said I am relatively new to this. If there is already a post somewhere else about this, please point me to it. Thank you very much!

-Sam
If you are using a Spektrum DX7 Tx, then you will need to use a JR or Spektrum Rx. Spektrum offers Rx's from 8ch and below. It can be either a DSMX Rx or a DSM2 Rx. Spektrum just introduced the newer DSMX implementation of Spread Spectrum technology. The newer DSMX Tx's and Rx's are backwardly compatible with DSM2 Tx's and Rx's.
Old 04-17-2011, 06:22 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

DX7 is discontinued. But as a rule of thumb in 2.4, Tx and Rx are only compatible with the same brand. Even then, there are some compatibility issues.

So if you had a DX7, you would need a Spektrum DSM2 or DSMX Rx.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:08 PM
sambainbridge

So, is there a way to install a Spektrum rx on a Walkera branded heli?
Old 04-17-2011, 07:17 PM
BuschBarber

So, is there a way to install a Spektrum rx on a Walkera branded heli?
Is Walkera the brand name of the Heli or the brand name of the radio installed in the Heli? If the Heli comes with an Rx that is not Spektrum, then it will not work with a Spektrum DX7. If you can put a Spektrum Rx, such as the AR6110, in the Heli, than you can use the DX7.

While the DX7 is no longer sold by Horizon, you can still use it and even send it in to be upgraded to DSMX, if you wish, for a fee.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
sambainbridge

Walkera is the brand name, and so the Walkera heli has a walkera rx on it already.  Is it possible to switch out the walkera rx and install a spektrum rx so that I could use a DX7 with the heli.  Right now, you have to use all Walkera equipment.  If it isn't possible, that's okay, but I'm just trying to understand if it's possible or not.

Thanks,

Sam
Old 04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
BuschBarber

I'm relatively new to the whole rc heli thing. I currently fly a Blade MSR and am loving it. I want to take it to the next level. So my question: is a Spektrum DX7 Tx compatible with a Walkera 4f200lm? If I understand it correctly, I believe the receivers are interchangable in the heli.... is this true? In that case, I would assume I need an AR6100 or something of the like. Please help me understand how all the pieces fit together, as I said I am relatively new to this. If there is already a post somewhere else about this, please point me to it. Thank you very much!

-Sam
I reread you post. If you do not have a Spektrum radio and were contemplating the purchase of one, you would need to purchase the DX6i or the DX8 since there is not 7ch option at this time.
Old 04-17-2011, 07:21 PM
sambainbridge

Oh sorry, I should have mentioned I'd be purchasing it on Ebay
Old 04-17-2011, 07:23 PM
BuschBarber

Walkera is the brand name, and so the Walkera heli has a walkera rx on it already. Is it possible to switch out the walkera rx and install a spektrum rx so that I could use a DX7 with the heli. Right now, you have to use all Walkera equipment. If it isn't possible, that's okay, but I'm just trying to understand if it's possible or not.

Thanks,

Sam
If the Rx in the Heli is removable and the connectors that are plugged into the Walkera Rx are either Spektrum compatible or can be replaced with Spektrum connectors, then you can probably use the Spektrum Rx.