Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

mixing 2 channels on dx7 spektrum

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 03:21 PM
jpulliam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mixing 2 channels on dx7 spektrum

Can someone help. Im try to mix two servos for the first time. Trying to mix two channels on the elevator
Old 04-18-2011, 03:31 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: mixing 2 channels on dx7 spektrum

ORIGINAL: jpulliam

Can someone help. Im try to mix two servos for the first time. Trying to mix two channels on the elevator
You will want to choose a Programmable Mixer. Make Elevator the Master and either Gear (ch5) or Aux2 (ch7) the Slave. Connect the Right Elevator to the Elevator ch3 and the Left Elevator to the other channel. Use the Servo Reversing to change the direction of one of the servos, if necessary, so both Elevator halves are moving in the same direction.
Old 04-18-2011, 05:59 PM
grizzly59

Had this saved from someone?????
Advice is correct from BuschBarber but there were a few more things to consider. I had a problem with this when I had my DX 7
Step 1: Page 38Manual "Input Select". The diagram is clear. What you need to do is to INH the switch. You do this by pressing the increase button so that it shows AUX2:INH
This is the end of step 1.
Step 2: Page 56 "Programmable Mixing 1-6". The diagram is clear. What you need to change are:
Select Mix 5 or 6
Select ELEV to AUX2 (Ignore ON or OFF you can't alter this just yet, it probably will show OFF).
Select RATE to both being +100% (or both -100% dependant on servo arm travel direction required). The selection arrow moves to the other rate by moving the elevator stick.
Select SW: ON
OFFSET: 0
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

Make SURE you use P-Mix 5 or 6 or the trim will only work on the master channel
Old 04-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not much I can add, you guys pretty much nailed it. The big Extra in my avatar was flown on my DX7 for about 3 years with the elevators set up that way. Ah, the ease of programming on the new DX8!!! Luv it.
Old 04-20-2011, 04:57 AM
jpulliam

Thanks for the help.I went back and inh the switch.after that the servo works both direction .....thanks for the replys