Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

heli radio selection

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 01:03 AM
dug-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heli radio selection

i have about 12 years or so experience with flying planes and about 3 years with the helis. i have been out of the hobby for a couple of years now and i am not up with todays technology as far as the new ccpm radios and the motorless gyros, and such. i have a quick 30 machine that i just finshed building and now i just found out that my t6xa futaba does not have the ccpm mixing. i need to purchase a heli radio and i would like some help please.
Old 04-14-2002, 03:18 AM
RcNorth

I would recommend the new Futaba 9C. It is a great radio that just hit the market last fall. It has all the options that a sport, semi-competitive flyer needs. The Futaba 8u is also a great radio, but it is being discontinued due to the 9C being available now.

If you are thinking JR, then I hear that the 8103 is a good radio, although I've never flown one myself.

Dean
Old 04-16-2002, 06:53 PM
larryflew
My Feedback: (13)

Really like my 8103, but do not use the ccpm mixing on my helis.