Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Futaba,Spektrum,JR,Hitec,or Airtronics,which is you favorite radio company?

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.
View Poll Results: A poll
Spektrum
8.56%
Futaba
36.36%
JR
15.51%
Hitec
26.74%
Airtronics
11.76%
Radios that come stock with RTF planes
1.07%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Futaba,Spektrum,JR,Hitec,or Airtronics,which is you favorite radio company?

Old 05-01-2011, 01:08 PM
mobaddawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba,Spektrum,JR,Hitec,or Airtronics,which is you favorite radio company?

I have this same pollin 3D Flying forum. Maybe it will get a lot more sucess here too. There are a lot of radio companies out there but which do you think is the best of the best? Futaba,Spektrum,JR,or Airtronics? Me personally....Spektrum

Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba,Spektrum,JR,Hitec,or Airtronics,which is you favorite radio company?

Seems like there is another radio poll every month or so. Not that it is a bad things mind you, but they tend to spiral down hill like asking who makes the best truck, car, servo, ARF, and so on. There are those that like what they have and will try to crush any opinion that is not in line with theirs.

I have Airtroincs, Hitec, Futaba, Exceed, Helimax (AKA Futaba) and soon a Turnigy 9X radios right now. They all work well. I do like my RD6000 and my RD8000 the most. It really is hard to find a bad radio from the big names.

Buzz.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:08 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Futaba,Spektrum,JR,Hitec,or Airtronics,which is you favorite radio company?

All 5 work. Just go fly.
Old 05-01-2011, 02:13 PM
air mail rcu

And that is just what I'm going to do in about 5 minutes. With my futaba 8FG....
Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: scooterinvegas

All 5 work. Just go fly.
Absolutely!!

Leave the Polls to the Politicians and the Fireman!!
Old 05-01-2011, 02:24 PM
mobaddawg

It's pouring rain here.
ORIGINAL: air mail rcu

And that is just what I'm going to do in about 5 minutes. With my futaba 8FG....
Old 05-01-2011, 03:22 PM
Zor
Banned

mabaddawg,

Your signature says "the faster the plane the better".

An explanation would be appreciated.

Personally, if the model is a scaled down version of a full sizeplane, I like to seethe model fly like
the full size.

To each its own likes and dislikes.

Zor
Old 05-01-2011, 04:12 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg I have this same pollin 3D Flying forum. Maybe it will get a lot more sucess here too. There are a lot of radio companies out there but which do you think is the best of the best? Futaba,Spektrum,JR,or Airtronics? Me personally....Spektrum
How many of these "Polls" do we need?
There is an existing similar poll this forum =

Which New 2.4 Transmitter Would You Choose?

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-01-2011, 04:56 PM
mobaddawg

This quote come from my F-15D by Airfield.I had a old F-18 from them and it was underpowered in a bad way. So I put those electronics in the F-15 to see if it would be any faster. It was only worse. I then put 3500kv motor in and 60a esc and a 14.8v 2200mah 20c battery and it screams now. But I am thinking about changing it because I put an O.S .46 on my Tiger Stick .40 and it went waaayy to fast.But, I have it this way because 3 of my 4 jet go 75mph+ and the fourth jet goes about 55mph but it is more scale that way because it is and A-10 Warthog. I have not dopplered these yet so I am just guessing by what manufactuers website says.
ORIGINAL: Zor

mabaddawg,

Your signature says "the faster the plane the better".

An explanation would be appreciated.

Personally, if the model is a scaled down version of a full sizeplane, I like to seethe model fly like
the full size.

To each its own likes and dislikes.

Zor
Old 05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
tadawson

Write-in for Multiplex, which was inexplicably left off the poll . . . .

- Tim
Old 05-02-2011, 04:29 AM
mobaddawg

Hitec also is multiplex radio from what I can see by the sub-forum options.
Old 05-02-2011, 10:14 AM
Zor
Banned

mobaddawg

I agree that jets should "scream".

I feel that J3 and such or floatplanes shuld not do snap rolls or fly upside down.
It is not realistic but then few do fly realistically these days.

It is fine for others if that is what they enjoy.

Zor
Old 05-02-2011, 01:15 PM
mobaddawg

Zor,
I have never owned a J3 or any other scale like plane. I have only owned jets and 3D planes,and a glider.If I decide to buy a scale 182 or J3,etc,I will keep this in mind. Thanks!
Old 05-02-2011, 01:35 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: mobaddawg

Zor,
I have never owned a J3 or any other scale like plane. I have only owned jets and 3D planes,and a glider.If I decide to buy a scale 182 or J3,etc,I will keep this in mind. Thanks!
Clipped wing Cubs, Taylorcrafts, Decathalons, etc, are very popular Full Size aircraft commonly flown in an aerobatic fashion. It is very common to see the RC version flown that way. Have you ever been to an airshow and seen the Flying Clown routine, with a J3 Cub? This is not unnatural.

Flying Warbirds such as a P51 or P47, in an aerobatic fashion, is unnatural.

Old 05-02-2011, 03:57 PM
tadawson

Nope . . . totally independent companies with a common owner.

Hitec is (well, tries but fails mostly . . ) the Multiplex *distributor* in the US, and Multiples is the Hitec distributor in Europe.

Interesting how Multiplex is dominant in Europe and Hitec here . . . I don't think either does a lot to promote the others stuff . . .

- Tim
Old 05-02-2011, 04:24 PM
Zor
Banned

ORIGINAL: tadawson

Nope . . . totally independent companies with a common owner.

Hitec is (well, tries but fails mostly . . ) the Multiplex *distributor* in the US, and Multiples is the Hitec distributor in Europe.

Interesting how Multiplex is dominant in Europe and Hitec here . . . I don't think either does a lot to promote the others stuff . . .

- Tim
That make good sense to me.

Who is the common owner ?

Zor
Old 05-02-2011, 05:05 PM
scooterinvegas
My Feedback: (1)

This poll is rigged. I can prove it! You see, JR is the best. Wait, stay with me here......

I know this to be true because I fly with JR, so it must be the best. If one of the other bands where better, OBVIOUSLY I would own and fly with that one. Right?

So, it has been a proven fact that JR is the best, and the poll is wrong. I feel much better knowing you all clearly understand this.

Now, I have to go take my anti-narcissism pills.

(and for those of you that haven't figured out that this post is a poor attempt at humor, thank you for highlighting this last sentience and Kiss my butt)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:14 PM
indubitably
My Feedback: (14)

Promotion, style, popularity, function, and latency. Personally latency is probably number one for "fast" pilots. The rest of us "like what we like", using the above items probably in that order.

Any recent objective reports on latency with the new (last year) radios?
Old 05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
mobaddawg

I with you on that. I have Spektrum Radio's and they work fantastic. I bet JR works great too because I have used them before (it was a buddy's radio)and man was it a nice radio! JR 12x.Nice thing man. I am pretty sure that Spektrum and JR are the same companies almost.
ORIGINAL: scooterinvegas

This poll is rigged. I can prove it! You see, JR is the best. Wait, stay with me here......

I know this to be true because I fly with JR, so it must be the best. If one of the other bands where better, OBVIOUSLY I would own and fly with that one. Right?

So, it has been a proven fact that JR is the best, and the poll is wrong. I feel much better knowing you all clearly understand this.

Now, I have to go take my anti-narcissism pills.

(and for those of you that haven't figured out that this post is a poor attempt at humor, thank you for highlighting this last sentience and Kiss my butt)
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM
mobaddawg

Ya, I've seen some P-51's,Zero's,and even a P-36 do aerobatics out here at the Wings Over Whiteman airshow at Whiteman AFB (Home of the B-2!!) I like watchin those B-2's flying over my place.Pretty loud.
ORIGINAL: BuschBarber

Zor,
Clipped wing Cubs, Taylorcrafts, Decathalons, etc, are very popular Full Size aircraft commonly flown in an aerobatic fashion. It is very common to see the RC version flown that way. Have you ever been to an airshow and seen the Flying Clown routine, with a J3 Cub? This is not unnatural.

Flying Warbirds such as a P51 or P47, in an aerobatic fashion, is unnatural.

Old 05-02-2011, 05:33 PM
mobaddawg

Maybe this will get to 2 pages...
Old 05-02-2011, 10:57 PM
twmoody

Well this poll creates a conflict for me. I happen to like the programing features of Futaba, but I fly JR/Spektrum because of their model match feature. I was waiting for Spektrum to come out with their module for my Futaba when I happened to crash my largest plane because I took of with the transmitter on the wrong plane. I know, I should have checked better but I didn't.

So I decided to go all JR/Spektrum because if I try to use the wrong plane it won't let me. That was the first time in years I had made that mistake but is cost me a couple thousand dollar plane and the JR/Spektrum won't let that happen.

Tom Moody
Old 05-03-2011, 01:02 PM
bingbong1

ORIGINAL: twmoody

Well this poll creates a conflict for me. I happen to like the programing features of Futaba, but I fly JR/Spektrum because of their model match feature. I was waiting for Spektrum to come out with their module for my Futaba when I happened to crash my largest plane because I took of with the transmitter on the wrong plane. I know, I should have checked better but I didn't.

So I decided to go all JR/Spektrum because if I try to use the wrong plane it won't let me. That was the first time in years I had made that mistake but is cost me a couple thousand dollar plane and the JR/Spektrum won't let that happen.

Tom Moody
[X(]im glad your radio got built in stupidity mode.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:15 PM
mobaddawg

The same almost happend to me with my old DX-6. The only thing I find confusing/bad about Spektrum/JR is the DSM,DSM2, and DSMX.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:23 PM
BuschBarber

The same almost happend to me with my old DX-6. The only thing I find confusing/bad about Spektrum/JR is the DSM,DSM2, and DSMX.
DSM2 and DSMX, transmitters and receivers, work with each other.
DSM works with DSM

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.