Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

9c expo question

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 04:51 PM
bugsiegel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 9c expo question

It's prpbably not fare to compare the 9c with the 6x but that is the jump i'm maiking so i'll ask it that way.
on the 6x I believe i was able to set expo on the rudder with out having to assign duel rates to the rudder.
at first glance in the new 9c and also in the manual it looks to me that this is a little different. I have to assign a duel rate switch to the rudder even though I don't use duel rates on the rudder.
This is easilly corrected by just assigning the same value on low and high and then assigning the same expo for each and then assigning it to a switch which is already being used so that I don't occupy a switch for a feature I don't plane to use, but is this all necessary or is there another way to do it?

one more question. when setting duel rates or travel distance en with a one servo set up on ailerons the radio allows me to set different throws in different directions.So if i push the stick one way it will travel 100% and if I push it the other way it will travel 85% if I want. Why would I want that? On all my planes I want the same throw each way. I'm not talking about reducing aileron drag by means of two servos for the ailerons and there for off setting the lowering servo, i'm talking about one servo for two ailerons.
Thanks
Paul
Old 04-14-2002, 10:54 PM
oodie

Default 9c expo question

That sounds like the best way to do it. Although slightly more complicated, that is the price you pay for a more feature-filled radio.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:23 AM
amcross

Default 9c expo question

For the expo: You need not set a low rate or a switch for the rates; simply put expo only in the high rate and leave the switch unassigned.

The option is there to set differential travel left vs right for any and all servo setups so, for example, if you have a slight binding going one direction or another, if your arm is not perfectly centered on the horn, etc.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:38 AM
bugsiegel

Default AMC

tell me how to unasign the switch.
when I go to the switch choich it gives me A-H and then
AIL< 90%>
ELE< 90%>
THR< 90%>
RUD< 90%>
Those are all the options.
i know what a-h means but i'm not sure what the other four are.
there is no option for null
thank you.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:53 AM
amcross

Default 9c expo question

Bugs,
The other 4 are the option to work the dual rates from stick position instead of switch position.

My apologies...I forgot they didn't get the null added there (I asked for it); however, if you do as you said of setting it to 100% then the switch assignment means nothing and is not using up the switch as the switch actually isn't doing anything.
Old 04-15-2002, 11:57 AM
bugsiegel

Default AMC

You are a Gem.