Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

servo question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 05:23 AM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default servo question

Where do the little brass sleeve things go that come with the servos ? They wont fit over the pins on the servo trays. I can't figure out where they're supposed to be used.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:39 AM
SilverComet

Default servo question

You put the brass sleeves in the rubber mounts and slide them onto the mounts on your servos before you screw them into your servo tray. This allows vibration dampening by the rubber mounts while the brass sleeves protects the rubber from being cut by the screws in prolong vibration.
Old 08-13-2003, 07:42 AM
lortap1969

Default servo question

Also try sliding the brass sleeve over a jewlers screwdriver and then use the this to push the sleeve into the rubber mounts. Will save time and frustration.

Mike
Old 08-13-2003, 05:39 PM
suitcase
My Feedback: (1)

Default servo question

I know that I'm not explaining myself well enough. The servo tray has two pins on each end. The servo itself has two rubber mounts on each end that fit over the pins. If I insert the brass in the rubber mounts and try to slide it all over the pins it won't go because the pins are too large to accomodate the servo like that. I have to remove the brass sleeves and then it mounts easy. The keeper is a triangle shaped device with three holes. Two slide over the rubber and pins and the third accepts the mounting screw. Now are you saying that the mounting screw also gets a rubber washer installed using the sleeve?
Old 08-13-2003, 06:01 PM
SilverComet

Default servo question

That sounds like a pretty unconventional servo tray, do you have a pic of it and the keeper?

The rule is you always want to use the rubber mounts and never mount your servo TOO tight. If you are fitting the rubber mounts over wooden pins, unlike screws with sharp edges, and you feel that the pins won't cut the mounts under vibration, go for it. Just check your rubber mounts regularly to make sure they aren't cracking. You might also want to put rubber mounts on the mounting screws if you have extras.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:03 PM
T_Hill

Default servo question

You use the brass eyelets when you mount the servo directly to a servo rail without the tray. The eyelet keeps you from over tightening the screw. You don't need them on the tray you describe.

Silver comet,

The tray sounds like a futaba, that's what came with my 8U.

Tracy Hill
Old 08-14-2003, 01:03 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default servo question

Tracy, nailed it. The Futaba trays do not require the brass eyelet.