Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

$53 for 9ch 2.4ghz tx?? any info?

Old 05-19-2011, 08:32 AM
psgugrad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default $53 for 9ch 2.4ghz tx?? any info?

does anyone have any experience with these people:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...&ParentCat=190

it seems to good to be true,

but i might buy one to put into an old trainer. anyone ever used these cheap radios?

Mike Norris
Old 05-19-2011, 09:18 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: $53 for 9ch 2.4ghz tx?? any info?

If you do a search for Hobby King, you'll find that many people will not do business with them a second time
Old 05-19-2011, 09:28 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Read the reviews on the bottom of the link that you provided.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:42 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Reviews:

I receive the radio with a broken back cover, a stick , and the buttons dont work (it takes about 3 to 5 seconds to change.
we don t have no professinal service fair and Fast......
I pay afther i wait for about 3 months for the radio 43 Us and imagine the warranty of hobbie king :
Warranty
Other stores will force you to ship the product back to China in full retail packaging every time!
Hobbyking's warranty service is professional, fair and fast.
You are going to pay again , to wait or not for a new item and pay again a post and the customs !
VERY BAD SERVICE :LIKE WE SAY THE CHEAP IS VERY EXPENSIVE!!!!
After much waiting, I received my TGY 9X v2 6 days ago and just today started to set it up. Only to find that the Acro & Glid modes are totally non-functional/defective. Only the Heli mode seems to work (?). This unit was NEVER TESTED after the v2 re-flashing. It could not have been! Needless to say, I am one unhappy customer. I think it is criminal to expect the customer to do the QC. Until it gets fixed, I won't be buying anything from HK. But, I am not going thru the expense & time of sending it back to HK.
Bad quality control .The display don t show 4 lines in LCD display .No quality in testing product.
The order comes with real price for customs not what we make in the inicial when we buy 30 70 (whatever).
Very bad servise afther waiting 2 months.
No refund of payment of post and if you wan t to guet warranty you must spend new 40 Us and then wait again for the new one and then pay again tax in customs.
after waiting for months, my Turnigy 9x arrived and i opened the parcel at once with anxiety. frustrated to see that left stick is not centered and stays loose. it doesnt come down when you leave it. im upset about this and dont want to return the item. the overall quality is good. the pack doesnt include any user manuals. have to search the web for that... this is the first time i receive a faulty item from HK.. i am also upset about the fact that noone responds to my support mail about this faulty item...
Well unfortunately HK has been saying that there is stock arriving within 3-4 days for a month now!! Every day the message is updated with today's date and same time frame!! What a joke! Whats the point HK? Why do you guys do this? I placed an order based on that time frame and god knows when I will have my TX. Anyway have been a happy HK customer for a long time but this kind of tactics have to stop.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM
houckj

I have had excellent experiences with my orders at hobbyking. Many people in my club have also experienced good service and we have placed several group orders. 
00. Read the HK reviews and select well reviewed products.
01. Don't order anything that is out of stock.
10.  I have not had any failures but sometimes products fail.  Accept that as a cost of doing business. You are still saving money in the long run. 

I'll probably place my 11th order in the next few days.

I've been a happy customer for over 18 months.  I purchase everything from servos, receivers, batteries etc. 
All my orders have been sent from the home office.

Old 05-19-2011, 12:42 PM
carrellh

Some of the inexpensive transmitters sold by Hobbyking can only be programmed via a computer. I do not know if Turnigy is likethat. If it is, that would be a deal breaker for me because I will not be taking my computer to the airfield.

From what I've read about most of the low cost options, if you get a good one, it works well. If you get a bad one you just throw it, and your money, away because the reviews indicate after sale support is not very good.

When you spend the extra money to buy Airtronics, Futaba, Hitec, JR, or Spektrum; you may still get a bad one. But, their distributors are usually pretty good about repairing or replacing the bad ones.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:09 PM
blvdbuzzard

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is a long thread/review of the radio. There are other firmware setups out there that you can install to make this radio do a lot of things. In the review he lists the site where and how to install the firm ware. There is also a really really long thread on RCG.

http://rcmodelreviews.com/forum/view...80f7d21533a31e

As soon as I get a few bucks ahead I am going to order one just to see how good or bad it is. The good thing I can see is they have the Rx's for $9.00 at hobbypartz.

I have not had any issues with HK so far. I look at it that I will get little to no CS from them so I pick and choose what I order. I would NEVER order anything that is on back order, you will wait for a long long time.

ETA.

The thread on RCG is now 429 pages long and there is a nice site for this radio.

http://code.google.com/p/er9x/

Buzz.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:07 PM
Altered1

I've got a HK  branded FS GT2 3 Ch unit.... for $23.    I've got no complaints at all!  it does what it should.... well.

don't backorder and you should be fine  but for $50 - if it turns out to be a  lemon, order another one, and you'd still be in front ! 

Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 AM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

I've never had any problems with Hobby King. They sell good products at a very fair price, and they always get my orders right.

This 9-channel Turnigy radio is basically for do-it-yourself folks who don't mind searching for firmware updates or experimenting with whatever it takes to get their $60 computer radios to actually work well.

If you have $60 or so to blow on something to experiment with, then go for it. If you need a good, reliable 9-channel radio system (and you want warranty coverage and customer support), then you'll want to spend more.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:25 PM
onewasp

I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said 'There's a sucker born every second .'

.....and the beat goes on .