Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

can digital servos be repaired?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
jjoos99
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can digital servos be repaired?

I did a major bone head move and hooked up my digital tail servo backwards into my heli gyro and now I cant get it to work. Just wondering if these can be sent out for repair. it is a futaba 9256 servo
thanks
Jeff
Old 05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
ira d

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: can digital servos be repaired?

Most anything can be repaired the question is would it be worth it in lieu of purchasing another one. I would suggest giveingHobby services a call they
are the Futaba repair center for the USA.

Old 05-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Campgems

ORIGINAL: jjoos99

I did a major bone head move and hooked up my digital tail servo backwards into my heli gyro and now I cant get it to work. Just wondering if these can be sent out for repair. it is a futaba 9256 servo
thanks
Jeff
If you just pluged the plug backwards, IEsignal on Ground, then there should be no damage done. Check for a pushed pin on the leads. Will the servo work just pluged into the RX? You need to do some trouble shooting to determine just what is failing. It could as well be the Gyro as the servo until you determine if the servo is in fact failing. Nothing puts egg on your face faster than sending in a piece of electronics that is "failing" only to find out some $30 in the hole it isn't. Now, how do I know that?

Don
Old 05-21-2011, 05:11 AM
exeter_acres
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Campgems

ORIGINAL: jjoos99

thanks
Jeff
If you just pluged the plug backwards, IE signal on Ground, then there should be no damage done. Check for a pushed pin on the leads. Will the servo work just pluged into the RX? You need to do some trouble shooting to determine just what is failing. It could as well be the Gyro as the servo until you determine if the servo is in fact failing. Nothing puts egg on your face faster than sending in a piece of electronics that is ''failing'' only to find out some $30 in the hole it isn't. Now, how do I know that?

Don

Agreed...plugging a servo in backwards shouldn't do any damage.......
Old 05-21-2011, 05:50 AM
jjoos99
My Feedback: (12)

Here is exactly what happened. I had the servo plugged into the gyro reversed. It then went throught a stepdown for voltage protection. When I turned on the heli this servo just started to go beserk twitching wildly back and forth and wouldnt respond to any transmitter inputs. The more I fiddled with it the less it would do anything. Now it is dead, even plugged into another channel fo the receiver totally bypassing the gyro. The pins are good and the gyro will run another servo ok. I am almost 98% sure that it is bad. I will have to try hobby services.
thanks
Jeff