Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

How to tell a servo is dying?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 11:24 AM
Seanhasabuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to tell a servo is dying?

It seems the servo that controls the steering is weakening. Like it doesnt turn the wheels completely. I get maybe a 1/2 inch of turn on the wheels. Any thoughts?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:01 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE: How to tell a servo is dying?

The thing with electronics is, they usually work right or not at all. If the wheel isn't moving as much as it used to, is there some binding in the linkage or extra slop/friction that wasn't present before?
I guess it is possible that the brushes on the motor inside the servo might be worn, but I've never had that problem.
Also, what servo are you using?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:09 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Seanhasabuggy It seems the servo that controls the steering is weakening. Like it doesnt turn the wheels completely. I get maybe a 1/2 inch of turn on the wheels. Any thoughts?
1. Which transmitter, does it have end point adjustment = EPA?A small roller on some TX which could have been accidentally turned down.
2. Disconnect servo horn, does servo move normally then (never turn wheels whislt car/truck is stationary - either moving or lift off the ground.
(try turning the wheels of a full size car whilst stationary, an unacceptable load is placed on the system and leads to early burnout of the servo)
3. What condition is the servo saver in? - needs service?

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 05-22-2011, 03:51 AM
Seanhasabuggy

i checked, and have no idea what radio it is, its the one that came stock with the exceed rc buggy O_o