Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

JR 10X programmable mix problem!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 12:49 AM
rcbill58
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR 10X programmable mix problem!

JR 10X programmable mix problem! I'm using pmix3 to link 2 servos for separate elevator halves. The mix is elev to aux 4. The Aux 4 Sx has a delay in it's responce to a rapid elevator stick movement! The Sx on the Elev channel does not! This is my first time working with the 10X. My experience is with the 9Z.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem? Thanks for your time.
Old 08-14-2003, 01:04 AM
Onedesign1
My Feedback: (9)

is this on the bench? Step away and try it. I've had that on the bench in the shop....proximity and orientation up close apparently. Only other thing off hand to check is that servo speed is not turned down on Aux 4 or that flaps (I think) is inhibited...or amplified extensions on a digi servo may not help sometimes.
Old 08-14-2003, 02:38 AM
MO_Radio_Tech

If have not done so already, post this question at ask Danny a JR.
Old 08-14-2003, 03:31 AM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Is there a reason that you are using a p-mix to do this rather than the built in function? The built in function in the Wing Type (shortcut 22) will do the same, eliminate the differential you are seeing, and free up that p-mix for other stuff. Go to Wing Type and select D/ELEV under the TAIL label. This will turn on dual elevators using the elevator channel for the right elevator, and Aux 3 for the left elevator.

Oh, and once you have the ATV's setup for the controls on separate channels such as dual aileron servos, dual elevator servos, and ganged rudder servos, use the Trace Rate function to adjust the travels, rather then the individual ATV's of each channel. The Trace Rate function will simultaneously adjust both channels in unison so you wont have to adjust each elevator half independently in their respective channels.

Since you are used to a 9Z, also note that there is a built in function for knife edge mixing (Rudder to Aileron/Elevator mixing - shortcut 64), so that you don't need to use a mixer. Its easier than trying to use the Rudder to Aileron function, and then a separate mixer for the rudder to elevator component as done on the 9Z.