Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need help with Futaba 8UAS TX

Old 05-26-2011, 03:57 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Futaba 8UAS TX

Hi.......I need some advise on my used Futaba 8UAS TX converted to 2.4 with OEM Futaba kit. Here is my issue as best as I can describe it........

Plane on bench without wing.........TX & RX both on........when I give full up (or down) Elevator throw & while holding it there, when I also give full Rudder deflection, the elevator throw retracts about 15% or so instantly. (either direction) Elevator throw goes back to full throw if I release a bit of rudder throw & so on......

If I give full rudder throw first & then full elevator throw, the elevator throw does not go full deflection until I release the rudder throw a small amount.

No, I haven't been drinking but might start soon. This is driving me crazy! I bought the radio used & maybe there is a mix involved somewhere but with a zillion screens I can't find it.

Please any 8UAS guru's out there please help me find the problem & how to fix it.

Thanks much in advance.................

Tcat1000

Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Need help with Futaba 8UAS TX

Sounds like you have ssome mixes set up that you may not be aware of. Reset the memory on that particular model and start over.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:32 AM
Tcat1000
My Feedback: (34)

Default RE: Need help with Futaba 8UAS TX

OK..........I gave up trying to find the above issue, & did a data reset on that model. It all works fine now. Also got failsafe setup on all four models.

My other three models on that TX all worked fine as they were started from scratch unlike the first model.

The previous owner of that TX had only one model programmed & that was the one that I was having trouble with. I should have reset it before starting, but didn't.

That won't happen again.....................Thanks..........

Tcat