Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6DXi dualail travel adjust prob

Old 05-28-2011, 07:49 AM
vasek
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6DXi dualail travel adjust prob

hi,
i'm trying to limit travel on ailerons when dualail ACT. The left aileron works well in travel adjust AIL

but when i go to FLAP (in travel adjust) for the right aileron, it doesn't affect the travel at all... I can basically dial it to 0 and still have full throws for each (up & dwn) movement

I'm sure is just a little mistake on my part (i am dyslectic a bit [:@])

please help
thanks,
V.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:25 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 6DXi dualail travel adjust prob

ORIGINAL: vasek

hi,
i'm trying to limit travel on ailerons when dualail ACT. The left aileron works well in travel adjust AIL

but when i go to FLAP (in travel adjust) for the right aileron, it doesn't affect the travel at all... I can basically dial it to 0 and still have full throws for each (up & dwn) movement

I'm sure is just a little mistake on my part (i am dyslectic a bit [:@])

please help
thanks,
V.
When you are using Dual Ailerons, on JR/Spektrum radios, you connect the Right Aileron servo to the Aileron Ch2 and the Left Aileron servo to Aux1 Ch6. You should be able to adjust the Travel for both channels. For those who have separate Flaps, Flaps are connected to Ch6 and the Left Aileron servo could be connected to Ch5. In this case, you may have to use a Program Mix to handle Dual Ailerons.
Old 05-29-2011, 11:18 AM
vasek

thanks Busch, got it sorted out[8D]

BTW I am more than dyslectic, I forgot I had the wing servos on a Y lead, no wonder the dualail didn't work!
Old 05-30-2011, 06:38 PM
tacx
My Feedback: (1)

Also, you do not have to use "Travel adjust" to limit your Aileron throws. You can also do that in the "Dual Rate" settings. In "Dual Rates" both ailerons will be set at the same time, even with a Y-harness.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:29 PM
vasek

good point tacx, thanks!
Old 05-31-2011, 01:42 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: tacx

Also, you do not have to use ''Travel adjust'' to limit your Aileron throws. You can also do that in the ''Dual Rate'' settings. In ''Dual Rates'' both ailerons will be set at the same time, even with a Y-harness.
Travel Adjust limits the maximum Travel for each channel. If you mix two channels for Ailerons, Travel Adjust allows you to match the throws, for each Aileron half, so you get the same amount of Up and Down you desire. When using a Y Harness, you cannot adjust the Travel of each servo, Independently, unless you do it mechanically. If the Control Horns, on each Aileron half, are not precisely placed, you can get Differential Aileron throw.

Dual Rates do not allow you to adjust the Travel, separately, for Up and Down. Dual Rates are a percent of whatever the Travel Adjust is set to.

Also, when Travel Adjust is set to 100%, the servos do not move the full 60 degrees they are capable of. If you notice, you Travel Adjust can be increased to 120-150 degrees on some transmitters. This will give you the full range of Travel that the servo is capable of. On Aerobatic planes, I start with 150%, measure the Deflections of each Aileron half, make appropriate adjustments, and then use Dual Rates to set my High and Low rates as well as Exponential.