Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

US DAD SERVO

Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 PM
tfcupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default US DAD SERVO

I have two never used giant scale US DAD servos can I use a 6volt NICD battery with them? Company went under years ago so can`t find any info has any body ever used these servos are they any Good?? Appreciate any Help
Old 06-02-2011, 05:36 AM
Rodney

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: US DAD SERVO

You will get mixed opinions on these. I have several and have had good luck with them and I've used them with 5 cell batteries. They may have a problem with some receivers as the amplitude of the input signal to them need to be higher than some of the 2.4GHz receivers put out. You may have to put a buffer amp between them and any of the newer receivers (the output level of most current receivers are only a bit above 2 volts regardless of the voltage applied to the receiver) to boost the signal level. I have found them to be quite reliable and effective but I usually buffer all my servo signals on my 1/4 scale planes to guarantee adequate voltage to the servos on both power and signal leads. I have several that are still in use after 10 to 15 years of service.
Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 PM
tfcupo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: US DAD SERVO

Rodney thanks for your timeand sharing your experience with these servos. Tony C