Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Crystal Change

Old 06-14-2011, 05:07 AM
partzee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crystal Change

Is it a simple process to change the crystal in a JR PCM 9 receiver?I don't want to open the case until I know.
Tks,partzee
Old 06-14-2011, 05:14 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Crystal Change

ORIGINAL: partzee

Is it a simple process to change the crystal in a JR PCM 9 receiver?I don't want to open the case until I know.
Tks,partzee
If you have the correct Crystal, it is very simple. If you purchase the RS2000 receiver, it is Synthesized. You turn on the Tx, press the button on the Rx, and the Rx automatically switches to the same frequency the Tx is on.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:20 AM
partzee

This receiver is old,1995 and I just want to change freq.do I just open the case and remove /replace it?
Tks,partzee
Old 06-14-2011, 05:30 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: partzee

This receiver is old,1995 and I just want to change freq.do I just open the case and remove /replace it?
Tks,partzee
The Crystal should have two pins extending from the bottom that plug into a socket in the receiver. You should be able to pull the old Crystal out and plug the new one in. If the crystal is soldered in, you will probably have to send the receiver in.

I had several JR 549 and 649 receivers but I never had to replace the Crystal. On my Futaba and Hitec receivers, the Crystal Socket was external. You did not have to open the case to Install or Remove the Crystal.
Old 06-14-2011, 05:33 AM
partzee

Many thanks,partzee