Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Transmitter

Old 06-23-2011, 01:35 PM
1LooseMoose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmitter

Total Newb, to rc planes. I have a Wild Hawk now it came with a 3 CH radio. I want to get either the Hobby King Bixler or the AXN Floater. I have been told that if I get a Spectrum DX6i that I can use it and learn with it for a few years. Problem is I have been looking for used ones for $100-$150. Now I cant Find one. Is there another radio out there that is good or recomended for beginners. I am looking for minimum 4CH possibley 6CH. Also what about Turnigy 9X? Or Hitec 6? Any and all information and suggestions would be great and much appreciated.

Thanks,

Moose
Old 06-23-2011, 01:48 PM
JIMF14D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transmitter

Check ebay for a while or Tom's RC online. Hitec optic 6 2.4ghz $133+$40 for 6 channel rx roughly. Probably find DX6i for near $150 if you shop. Maybe less used on ebay

Forget 4 channels if you want to grow to anything and want seperate aileron channels. spend a few dollars and go for 6.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:05 PM
karolh

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

Check ebay for a while or Tom's RC online. Hitec optic 6 2.4ghz $133+$40 for 6 channel rx roughly. Probably find DX6i for near $150 if you shop. Maybe less used on ebay

Forget 4 channels if you want to grow to anything and want seperate aileron channels. spend a few dollars and go for 6.
Excellent advice here.

Karol
Old 06-25-2011, 12:58 AM
aeajr
My Feedback: (2)

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Going to a computer radio is your best bet.  Any radio that has model memories is a better investment than one without. 

They are all pretty easy to use.  It is more about your budget than anything else.

The advantage of the Spektrum radios is that they are extremely popular and the work with all the Horizon Hobby Bind and Fly models.  And Hobby King has some low cost compatible receivers that are getting fairly good reviews.  But the Hitec, and Aritronics low end computer radios are good too.