Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

HS5945MG

Old 06-26-2011, 09:37 PM
chrisp32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS5945MG

i got a plane from a friend of mine and flew it on his radio all seemed ok. just went to transfer the plane to my radio and upon making sure that all the channel directions were correct and to start setting the movements and the left aileron would stop moving for about 3 or 4 seconds then comeback and start working fine. if i move it slowly or allow alot of time between movements then all would be fine however if i move it rapidly than it would cut out also would cut out if i held it at the endpoint for about a second. the condition is limited to the left side and these servos are connected via Y-Harness. does this mean that i have a bad servo?

thanks for the help.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:47 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HS5945MG

ORIGINAL: chrisp32

i got a plane from a friend of mine and flew it on his radio all seemed ok. just went to transfer the plane to my radio and upon making sure that all the channel directions were correct and to start setting the movements and the left aileron would stop moving for about 3 or 4 seconds then comeback and start working fine. if i move it slowly or allow alot of time between movements then all would be fine however if i move it rapidly than it would cut out also would cut out if i held it at the endpoint for about a second. the condition is limited to the left side and these servos are connected via Y-Harness. does this mean that i have a bad servo?

thanks for the help.
5945 servos are Programmable. It is possible that the previous owner has changed the Defaults. You can adjust Deadband, Neutral, End Points, and Speed, using an HP Programmer. You might want to borrow one from a friend and Reset each servo to Factory Default.
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 AM
karolh

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Or it could be something as simple as a bad or loose connector.

Karol
Old 06-27-2011, 03:42 PM
grizzly59

If the Y has an amplifier on it that is the problem.
Old 06-29-2011, 04:49 AM
chrisp32

after i recharged my battery to continue to test and find out what happened the problem is now gone any chance those servos are extremely sensitive to input voltage? is that what was causing it to cut out? there is no amplifier in the y-harness so we know that won't be the cause.
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: chrisp32

thanks for the help.
I am not a big fan of Y Harness. I have personally had a number of them fail and had to replace them. I have seen this with other pilots, as well. Also, I have seen one servo Bounce when you move the stick to the end, and Bounce again when you return to Neutral. Replacing the Y Harness usually resolved the problem.

When the Matchbox was introduced and Channel Mixing in the Tx, I stopped using a Y Harness for multiple servos on a channel.

I found that using high quality Y Harnesses, that were 20ga-22ga were more reliable. Be sure the Y has Gold Pins, not Grey.