Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Corona 2.4 for Futaba....concerns

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 08:03 AM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Corona 2.4 for Futaba....concerns

I have my Futaba 9C set up with the Corona 2.4 Module, CTDF and my receivers are Corona CR8D... three receivers... so far I have been flying only one model but just set up the 2nd model with the 2.4 receiver.. The first one has been nice with no problems... Oh the work bench today I set up the 2nd receiver on another model... everything works fine but then to test possible interference I turned on both airplanes thinking that only the one that was set up for me to fly should work but both airplanes started to respond in a normal manner as I worked the sticks... Is this normal...? It would allow me to take off with the wrong model set up and that would be bad... Could some else with a futaba/corona set up shoot me down?

Thanks...
Old 06-30-2011, 08:15 AM
JIMF14D

Default RE: Corona 2.4 for Futaba....concerns

Well both Rxs are bound to your Tx so they will respond. Corona does not model match as that is a Spektrum design patent I think.

This is why you always do "left, right, up down, left/right rudder at power on and just prior to take off roll right?.....
Old 06-30-2011, 08:23 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Once an Rx is bound to a Tx it will always respond to that particular Tx, that is why it is of the utmost importance that you always double check the model memory on your Tx, to make sure it corresponds to the model to be flown before the take off roll. No one else will be able to shoot you down, unless your Corona and another shared similar GUID identities, which is highly unlikely even though it has been reported to have occured with two of the earlier version FrSky 2.4 units.

Karol
Old 06-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Richard39
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks for the replies..... I understand and of course will be careful with the model selection... just like I would with my 9C before the 2.4 module change...
Old 06-30-2011, 06:54 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

There you go.

Karol