Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Exponential on 12FG

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 04:27 AM
ozzieflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exponential on 12FG

Coming from a JR , where it was positive approx 28% to be neutral, where/what setting do I use on the 12FG to get a neutral feeling around the centre of the sticks?
I know it's negative, but in one of the manual settings, it suggests to start at around 50%.

Is that about right?
Old 07-04-2011, 05:01 AM
aghost
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Exponential on 12FG

I fly warbirds (.60 size glow to 62cc gas). I generally start with expo in the -30% range. Ended up with some as low as -20% and some as high as -35%.

Brian
Old 07-04-2011, 05:43 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: ozzieflyer

Coming from a JR , where it was positive approx 28% to be neutral, where/what setting do I use on the 12FG to get a neutral feeling around the centre of the sticks?
I know it's negative, but in one of the manual settings, it suggests to start at around 50%.

Is that about right?
I don't think that the recommended values, for Expo, are any different for Futaba than for JR/Spektrum (other than Futaba is Negative value). Some of my aerobatic gassers use 70% Expo. It depends upon what the Rates are set to and the type of aircraft. If you set the Expo too high, and the rates are too low, you won't get any movement until you Bang the Sticks. I have seen this happen.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:39 AM
Dan767
My Feedback: (19)

Try the same values you used with your JR radio in negative values. I think you'll find them very similar. I've been doing that with my 12FG and haven't had any issues.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:36 PM
ozzieflyer

Thanks Dan767, that looks to be about right.
I am loving my 12FG, although I do miss my touch screen, and would have been nice if it was backlit.