Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros
Reload this Page >

Still having electric problems with my spektrum controlled hobbyking Phoenix 2000, + Crashvideo

Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Still having electric problems with my spektrum controlled hobbyking Phoenix 2000, + Crashvideo

Old 07-07-2011, 01:00 AM
kyrkbymannen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still having electric problems with my spektrum controlled hobbyking Phoenix 2000, + Crashvideo

I still have problems with the electronics just "FREEZING". When i remove and reconnect power it starts to work again. Everything is changed in the airplane besides servos. Can the servo be the problem that lock up the reciever?
Config, Spektrum DX6i, originial reciever with sattelite, Jeti speedcontroller, Nippy Black 300w motor, Zippy 2200 3S battery.
This time it went down hard in the tarmac, but luckily because of strong EPO wings that took the first blow, the only harm done was the motor mount, i even think i did'nt damage the motor axel because it seems to run fine. Will resolder the wires tonight.

Onboard Crash video:
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEM6bfCPofo]Crash crash... :-([/link]
Old 07-07-2011, 05:14 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Still having electric problems with my spektrum controlled hobbyking Phoenix 2000, + Crashvideo

ORIGINAL: kyrkbymannen

I still have problems with the electronics just ''FREEZING''. When i remove and reconnect power it starts to work again. Everything is changed in the airplane besides servos. Can the servo be the problem that lock up the reciever?
Config, Spektrum DX6i, originial reciever with sattelite, Jeti speedcontroller, Nippy Black 300w motor, Zippy 2200 3S battery.
This time it went down hard in the tarmac, but luckily because of strong EPO wings that took the first blow, the only harm done was the motor mount, i even think i did'nt damage the motor axel because it seems to run fine. Will resolder the wires tonight.

Onboard Crash video:
[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEM6bfCPofo]Crash crash... :-([/link]
If it went into Failsafe, the motor would go to Idle and the Control Surfaces would have gone to their Failsafe Positions (Usually that would be to Hold their last Position). If you had a Brownout, the Throttle and all the Control Surfaces would stop working until the Rx rebooted (with the latest Firmware, this would be 1/2 second - with older Firmware, this could be 4sec).

Does your Rx have the latest Firmware that displays a Blinking Light if the Receiver lost power?
Have you Range Tested the radio, at 360deg and the proper number of paces, to see if you can duplicate the problem?
While the Tx and Rx are powered up, turn the Rx power Off and On. How long does it take for you to regain control of the Rx? Does a light Blink, on the Rx, indicating the Rx lost Power?

When you Bind a Spektrum Rx, it also sets the Failsafe Conditions. The default Failsafe Condition is for the Throttle (ESC in this case) to go to Idle and all Control Surfaces to Hold. Some radios allow you to set an Alternate Failsafe Condition, called Preset. If you setup Failsafe Preset, when you Bind, you hold the Sticks in the position you want the Control Surfaces to go to when the Rx goes into Failsafe (some Glider pilots like the Preset to be a slight Bank in one direction so the model spirals down).

You can test the Failsafe by powering up the Tx and Rx, advancing the Throttle, then turning off the Tx. This will cause a Failsafe Event.
There is no Failsafe Event if the Rx loses power since there is no power to the Rx or the Servos.