Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Horizon Hobbies product support

Old 07-11-2011, 03:28 PM
fishinchickens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horizon Hobbies product support

Has anyone else had problems with items being sent back from Horizon Hobbies? Today I got my DX7 and three AR6000s back in the mail.Ifirst cecked the receivers for any problems and they operated fine. I then checked each of them for an L shap that I scratched into each one. Only two of them had it. The third compleatly untouched. Third Ichecked the radio to make sure all of my aircraft were still programed and two were missing. I scrolled through alltwenty and only seven were taken, prior to being sent there were nine. When Iwas called with the bill Iwas informed that all three receivers tested fine and were being shipped back. Iam currentley awaiting a call back from the technician who worked on my radio.

Old 07-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Campgems

Default RE: Horizon Hobbies product support

First, I would be susprised that any of the plane programs were intact.Most Tech support today, notjust RC but PC and suchwanta from factory setup to begin trouble shooting. IEa full from factory reset is done.

As for the L shap youscratched on the RX's, it looks like they replaced one of them. I don'tsee anything bad with that.

Few people are more critical ofthe support we get today from all aspects of our life. TV's, PC's Cars, you name it. for the most part is just sucks.Ispend 30 years servicingmain frame computers for IBMand we were the world class service back then. Ijudge the service today by thosestandards. I've got to say though that both Horizion andHobbico are providing very good customer support for thebulk of the problems. I'venot been disapointed withthe response from either over the last 6 years. Throw in Hobby People's support of the Magnum engines on the plus side.

Iguess I have to ask what you expecetd thatyoudidn't get?

Don

Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 PM
MrMulligan
My Feedback: (314)

I think Horizon's customer support is first rate. My DX8 had to be sent back as it had problems with certain RX's. They sent me a prepaid UPS label, they notified me when it arrived at their facility, the notified me when the sent it back and on opening the package, there was a new six channel RX a new parkflyer "X" model. The invoice said it was for my being "inconvenienced".
Old 07-11-2011, 07:45 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Anytime I've sent anything in to Horizon the service has been great. They've even serviced my x-347 Radio which is so old that Circus Hobbies was the distributor when it came out.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:34 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Sent my 11X in for a free DSMX upgrade and they fixed a switch I broke off and fully expected to pay for and didnt charge anything for the switch or the labor.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Jezmo

They sent me a prepaid UPS shipping label for my DX8 which now has been sent in and I am awaiting it's return. I've heard nothing bad, in fact only very good reports about their service. I hope my experience is just as good as what I have read.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:50 AM
DenverJayhawk

i've only been happy with HH product support. They repaired the roller and switch on my DX6i at no charge and replaced an AR6200 for free.
Old 07-13-2011, 01:42 PM
tande
My Feedback: (48)

ORIGINAL: DenverJayhawk

i've only been happy with HH product support. They repaired the roller and switch on my DX6i at no charge and replaced an AR6200 for free.
Same Here! ....