Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Futaba FP-T6NLK

Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 AM
whoopee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba FP-T6NLK

Hello all I got a futaba fp-t6nlk with a FP-r7h receiver in a plane i bought and am wondering if this is a pretty good radio i am just gettin started in rc flight and wondering if this would work for me for a while? I know it is a AM system and most use 2.4ghz now because its a lot better and i use 2.4 with my cars and know it is a lot beter than am.
also the receiver uses the old style servo plugs the plane is outfitted with old servos but i might wont to replace them. is there a adapter to use them with a standered style plug and if not can i buy a new rx that will work with the tx??

Thanks in advance

Whoopee
Old 07-16-2011, 12:30 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Futaba FP-T6NLK

ORIGINAL: whoopee Hello all I got a futaba fp-t6nlk with a FP-r7h receiver in a plane i bought and am wondering if this is a pretty good radio i am just gettin started in rc flight and wondering if this would work for me for a while? I know it is a AM system and most use 2.4ghz now because its a lot better and i use 2.4 with my cars and know it is a lot beter than am. also the receiver uses the old style servo plugs the plane is outfitted with old servos but i might wont to replace them. is there a adapter to use them with a standered style plug and if not can i buy a new rx that will work with the tx??
Thanks in advance Whoopee
1. Being in USA, it would need to have a gold sticker on the TX confirming it is narrow band and still legal for use.
2.Electronics do age and both TX&RXdrift out of tune over a period of time.
If you are satisfied TX, RX&Servo are AOK and a very cheap upgrade to an FM or 2.4GHz set is not in order (what is the model worth?),
then it is more economic to fit new plugs or solder on short new servo leads than to buy the adaptor cables.

Much more under sub Sections
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ" &
"Servo - Alterations, Calculators, Databases, Leads, Repairs, Convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ.
" under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Alan T.