Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Aurora date of manufacture

Old 07-19-2011, 01:30 AM
the pope

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aurora date of manufacture

Howdy all, Im thinking of getting a Aurora 9 ( the 10x has run out of model memory ) and from what Ive read anything made after May 2010 is a better bet. Now my question is how can I determine when It was made ? I presume it may be on the box or init.The hobby shop where I will get it from may or maynot have had them sitting on the shelves awhile. So how do I know ? thanks the pope
Old 07-19-2011, 01:52 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora date of manufacture

ORIGINAL: the pope Howdy all, Im thinking of getting a Aurora 9 ( the 10x has run out of model memory ) and from what Ive read anything made after May 2010 is a better bet. Now my question is how can I determine when It was made ? I presume it may be on the box or init.The hobby shop where I will get it from may or
maynot have had them sitting on the shelves awhile. So how do I know ? thanks the pope
Switch on, "Ready to Transmit" appears, select "No", then:
. Select [Settings = Spanner Icon] > [INFO] which reveals user information, includes:
"Version :Ver. 1.07" which has all the latest physical changes and is easily updated with HPP-22 by user.
Ver. 1.08(1)" isthe latest firmware available and will not be on any shelf as yet unless system updated by retailer.

Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.06 Details.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Update V1.07(1) & (2) 01Oct10.
Aurora 9 - Firmware Updates V1.07 & V1.08(0) updated to V1.08(1) 10Jul11 .....Screen shots of the new displays plus additonal information includes planned updates for V1.08+.
Spectra Module V1.01, V2.00 & V3.01 Updates & Manual. Screenshots & additional information.
Optima Transceivers Update 15Jul10 Update is for HTS-SS receptor system only,
otherwise not required as it does not impact other functions nor resolution.

Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).

ex and more under Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 07-19-2011, 02:42 AM
the pope

Thanks for the reply A.T. I wasnt really concerned with what software version is installed. I am concerned more with the calibration issues and deadband probs Ive read about. Please tell me if Im barking up the wrong tree and theres no probs to worry about. Thanks the pope
Old 07-19-2011, 03:17 AM
JIMF14D

Igot mine in March of 2010 with no problems since then. Ihave updated the Software several times. They were so hard to get in the first half of 2010 that Idoubt that you will find any pre-May 2010 units laying around. Buy from a big online dealer that has lots of sales and you will get the latest version for sure.
Lots of deals around at times. A Main Hobbies is where Igot mine for $325 with 7 channel RX. Actually Ihave two now with no problems.

Good luck
Jim D.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:39 AM
the pope

Howdy Jim and thanks for your reply. I dont know if you noticed where Im from but Im in Australia and would like to buy at my local hobby store. Now back to my original question is there anything on the box or a sticker placed somewhere with a date on it. Thanks the pope
Old 07-20-2011, 01:15 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

I think the battery compartment has a standard date round sticker in some of them. I think the Hitec standard year month format.
Old 07-20-2011, 02:59 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: 4*60 I think the battery compartment has a standard date round sticker in some of them. I think the Hitec standard year month format.
Correct, had overlooked that little aid as well as theserial number in the battery compartment.
A small"dot" will simply show say 0910 = made October 2009.
Serial number isused for tracking/service purposes - like somany products today, no warranty here if serial number is missing/illegible.
Unfortunately, the small date of manufacture sticker mayget dislodged with frequent battery removal/replacement for charging or be removed to hide age of a second hand unit.

Alan T.
Old 07-20-2011, 03:04 AM
A.T.

to late at night, had hit quote in lieu of edit previous post, have now deleted contentthis duplicate post.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:58 PM
the pope

Thanks guys for all the replies I think I have it under control now. I look forward to getting my new toy in a couple of weeks. cheers the pope