Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

transmitter battery

Old 07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
shark again

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transmitter battery

I have been out of rc flying for 4 or five years and now am getting back in. My transmitter is a Futaba T6XA and has the original battery which doesn't hold a charge now. What is the current "good' battery to use? Mine is a ni-cad 600 mah, but I imagine there are much better things to use now. What should I look for?
Thanks
Jim S.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:16 PM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: transmitter battery

ORIGINAL: shark again

I have been out of rc flying for 4 or five years and now am getting back in. My transmitter is a Futaba T6XA and has the original battery which doesn't hold a charge now. What is the current ''good' battery to use? Mine is a ni-cad 600 mah, but I imagine there are much better things to use now. What should I look for?
Thanks
Jim S.
I use 3cell 2500mah LiPos is all my formerly 9.6v transmitters. If you choose to be more cautious, use 2500mah Eneloop batteries. They are a form of NiMh battery that holds it's charge like a LiPo but operates at a voltage similar to what you are using now. 3cell LiPos charge to 12.6v but I have never had a problem with them, they charge in 30 min, the charge lasts for months, and they are just as cheaply priced as NiCad or NiMh. I pull them out of my Tx once a month and charge them.

The T6XA was my first computer radio.
Old 07-20-2011, 08:44 PM
shark again

Thanks, Rich. If I use LiPo's I would have to get a different charger for that. Maybe I should look at nimh. I never heard of Eneloop - they will charge with the old type chargers won't they? 2500 mah would be plenty for me. (We do more talking than flying).
Old 07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
BuschBarber

ORIGINAL: shark again

Thanks, Rich. If I use LiPo's I would have to get a different charger for that. Maybe I should look at nimh. I never heard of Eneloop - they will charge with the old type chargers won't they? 2500 mah would be plenty for me. (We do more talking than flying).
Eneloop will charge with conventional chargers that are designed for NiMh.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:22 PM
fiery

Use eneloops.

They are a great Tx battery. Japan manufacture - Sanyo. Hold charge unlike normal chemistry NiMhi.

Love them.

Also trying a Chinese copy called "enelong". Seem good so far.