Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Need right gimbal for Dx6i

Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 AM
Pretorian435

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need right gimbal for Dx6i

Anyone know where I can get a right (mode 2) gimbal for a Dx6i? I have a bad one and Horizon/Spektrum won't sell me one. I can't find on on the web either.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Rafael23cc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Need right gimbal for Dx6i

You do know that you have to calibrate the gimbal to the radio, right? Why don't you just sent it to Horizon and let them do it correctly for you?

If you insist, try Radio South. They might be able to help. Or they might also ask for you to send it in.

I'm assuming that you have a problem with sending the radio for repairs. Can I ask why?

Rafael
Old 07-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Pretorian435

No longer under warranty. I may end up doing just that, but it comes out to about $70 after shipoing, labor and parts, for a $150 radio.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:28 PM
onewasp

ORIGINAL: Pretorian435

Anyone know where I can get a right (mode 2) gimbal for a Dx6i? I have a bad one and Horizon/Spektrum won't sell me one. I can't find on on the web either.

They don't sell radio parts to anyone, including Radio South .
Old 07-22-2011, 07:56 PM
AndyKunz

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Ken,

Have you ever done a search here to see how well we treat our out-of-warranty customers? You might be pleasantly surprised.

Andy
Old 07-23-2011, 03:49 AM
Pretorian435

Hi, Andy!

I am totally pleased with Spektrum an Horizon Hobby! Very remarkable Cs and quality products.

I had several emails with HH and was told that out of warranty the cost would be $35/hr to examine an replace the gimbal, and they wouldn't quote a cost for the replacement gimbal. I have no bones about it, its out of warrantyand the fee is fair. I don't want to spend too much on it, though its in excellent condition otherwise. I plan to purchase a Dx7s soon and will use my good Dx6i as my son's radio, move the bad one to be a sim radio. I'm just trying to see if there is another option as I hate to waste a good radio...