Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

reciever lites blink when turned on

Old 07-23-2011, 09:31 AM
Pete S-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever lites blink when turned on

This happens to me periodically, when I turn on the xmitter and then turn on the receiver, the lites blink.
Not fast like it needs binding, it still works, I can move all the controls.
This is a Spectrum 7 ch receiver.
This happens with other receivers too.
I don't want to fly it this way, if I turn it off and power up again it will probably be OK.

What's going on?

Old 07-23-2011, 10:14 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: reciever lites blink when turned on

ORIGINAL: Pete S-RCU

This happens to me periodically, when I turn on the xmitter and then turn on the receiver, the lites blink.
Not fast like it needs binding, it still works, I can move all the controls.
This is a Spectrum 7 ch receiver.
This happens with other receivers too.
I don't want to fly it this way, if I turn it off and power up again it will probably be OK.

What's going on?

Some of the newer Spektrum Rx's show a blinking light when power has been momentarily lost to the Rx. Perhaps your switch Harness or Rx battery has a loose wire.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 AM
harley6133

i had this problem. it turned out to be the rx battery. the smaller sub AA battery pack doesn't have enough discharge current to turn on
the 2.4 receiver correctly. try a standard AA rx pack (i use the ones from expert with no problems)
Old 07-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Jezmo

I agree with the posts by BB and harley. It's most likely not getting enough current when first turned on. Whether that is caused by not enough battery capacity or a poor connection is something to be worked out. I've got 12 receivers, all different flavors, and the only time this has happened I was testing the radio setup in the shop using a small AAA 4 cell pack I just had laying around. I went and retrieved a larger capacity pack, plugged it in, and the "problem" went away. A poor connection, whether the switch or a connector, could very well cause the same issue.
Old 07-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Ed

Put it on 6 volts !

ed
Old 07-25-2011, 12:09 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

If you turn off the reciever and turn it back on without turning off and on the transmitter, you get blinking lights indicating a power failure.

If its an electric plane and you fumble the deans while connecting them it can do the same thing.