Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Lost radio

Old 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM
luning1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lost radio

i had a problem yesterday that i've never seen. funtana 40 with a os60 on it. hitec focus 4 on ch43, range checked without engine runnig, seems alright. start engine adjust needle start to taxi out THEN all hell lets go. full thottle full up full rudder and aileron. any one know what is going on? oh yeah the airplanes totaled.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM
ArchNemesis

Default RE: Lost radio

Very sorry to hear that.  Glad no one was hurt!  Sound like you clearly lost signal, but there could be any one of variety of reasons to cause that.  An OS .60 shouldn't have interfered in any way with the possible exception of a cracked crystal.  If the crystal was already damaged, the vibration could have been enough to kill it.  I've had a cracked crystal perform flawlessly until the engine was running and then go kaplooey (that's a technical term).

That or interference, but with so many on 2.4Ghz that seems far less likely.

I hate to see any plane go in for any reason.  I hope you're able to figure it out.

Old 07-25-2011, 03:29 PM
pilotpete2

Default RE: Lost radio

Always the chance that someone else on CH 43 turned on their radio[:-]
Pete