Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

2.4GHz - lost radio

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:14 PM
spotlamp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2.4GHz - lost radio

I've just taken delivery of an RTF SkySurfer from Banana Hobby and being a noob to RC planes I'd like to get a sanity check to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong.

The kit comes with a 2.4GHz FlySky 4 channeltx and6 channel rx (the tx being a FS-T4C model, not sure about rx model). I bought this to learn to fly with so my first couple of flights didn't end well and in both cases I experienced a complete loss of control within 10 seconds of launch. Having rebuilt the thing with glue and tape I tried a 3rd launch which resulted in yet another loss of control. Before the 4th launch Ithought I'd mount the rx antena outside of the plane and try a range test.

Shockingly I managed to get no more than 25 feet from the plane before experiencing a loss of signal again. Is this right? I thought 2.4GHz shouldn't suffer from interference. Is it down to a) faulty operator (me), b) faulty transmitter or c) fault receiver? Is there anything Ineed to do before Ican fly?

Can anyone help?

As I imported this to the UK, I need to find out if it's faulty equipment before sending it back.

I should probably also add that when the plane goes down it makes a beebing noise, it's constant and the beeps are a few seconds apart. Does this indicate loss of signal from the tx?

Many thanks in advance

Old 07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
traxxasslash12

Default RE: 2.4GHz - lost radio

receiver and transmitter are no match
Old 07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
spotlamp

ORIGINAL: traxxasslash12

I don't understand? If the plane stays within 25 feet of the tx everything works fine. I'm also hoping that as the kit is RTF the tx and rx should be matched. Do you think it's worth trying to 'pair' them again or would that make no diference?

A thought occurred to me last night, could the symptoms I describe relate to a low/flat battey? I'm not convinced my charger is working and have ordered another so I'm not sure of the current state of the lipos.

Many thanks

Old 07-27-2011, 05:25 AM
K-Bob
My Feedback: (1)

I bet you saved alot of money though.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:11 AM
spotlamp

You'd think so wouldn't you, but by the time I've paid the import duty and UKdelivery it's ended up costing a bit and am wondering whether I would have been better to get a model in the UK. I won't be thinking this once I get the thing up in the air though...
Old 07-27-2011, 09:38 AM
collector1231
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: traxxasslash12

@slash, they are matched fine. As long as they are the same brand and both air recivers it will work because i use the Traxxas 6ch. micro recivers with my Traxxas 2.4g 2 channel radio. @spotlamp try rebinding them and test them with diffrent ESC and Motor.