Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Cloudy Display on Spektrum dx6i?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Barou

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cloudy Display on Spektrum dx6i?

I hope someone can help me figure this out! I have a 6 month old Spektrum dx6i that I recently started storing in a Spektrum carrying case. Prior to using the case, the LCD display was clear and easily readable. After keeping the transmitted in the case the display has clouded over, looks foggy and is very difficult to read. Has anyone else experienced this? Any suggestions? Wiping with clean water did nothing. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: Cloudy Display on Spektrum dx6i?

Perhaps some chemical in the foam has clouded the display? I think I would call Horizon and see what they say about this.

Maybe there's a simple fix?

I'm using a couple of old JR cases, but like I said, they're old. Perhaps they've already outgassed anything that would be an issue? I dunno, but I haven't had any trouble with my DX7 or DX8 in the cases.

Let us know what you find out - I'm sure Horizon will help you figure this out, their customer service folks have been great when I've worked with them.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Barou

Default RE: Cloudy Display on Spektrum dx6i?

My initial thought was off-gassing of the foam. I've sent Horizon an email but haven't heard back. Guess I'll give them a call.