Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Should Hitec replace planes from lock outs

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 06:07 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Should Hitec replace planes from lock outs

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

It is not a question of being a cheap radio. It is a saftey feature since the A9 can be configured to operate on either 2.4 and 72. It reminds you to check your channel/pin if you are on 72. It also allows you to do set up on your radio without radiating or tying up a channel at the field.

You should try one, you may actually learn that there is a whole new world out there.

Jim D
Now that's a strange feature indeed. Whenever I turn my transmitter on I always want to transmit. Using all 80 channels and hopping a few hundred times a second, my Futaba surely isn't tying up any frequencies.

I believe when Futaba came out with it's first Windows based Tx, you would receive a message asking if you wanted to Transmit or not. It is not unique to Hitec radios.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:35 AM
Pippin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's what I would do with a radio that doesn't do the job:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shirley...rs/2141584770/
Old 08-05-2011, 01:41 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: K-Bob

Wow that's a strange feature indeed. Whenever I turn my transmitter on I always want to transmit. Using all 80 channels and hopping a few hundred times a second, my Futaba surely isn't tying up any frequencies.
The confirm to transmit feature can also be disabled.

Mike.
Old 08-05-2011, 02:22 PM
spete2000

Old 08-06-2011, 04:59 AM
P-40 DRIVER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The end user (meaning You) accepts total responsibilty for what you fly. Planes crash, thats part of the hobby. All model airplanes are disposable items including the expensive ones. Don't fly anything you can't watch go into the ground. enough said.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:22 PM
JIMF14D

Mike, do you think the new 3.oxxxx software should be installed if we are not flying any ignition engines. Will the new module software work with Rxs that are not updated?

Not all my Rx are easy to access as Ihave some bipes that require taking the wings off...

In 18 months I have no link hicups with glow and EP power...knock on wood!

Jim D.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:01 PM
byrne1157

So very sorry for your loss, I never care to see a crash, for any reason. I will say I am a newbie to the RCportion of the air modelling hobby. I will also say that I have been an electronics technician/repairman for the last 35 years. I have seen a lot of failures in a lot of equipment. cold solder joints on pc boards can give the impression that all is ok, yet breakdown in a short, or, sometimes long period of time. EMP interference is always going to be a problem. The "High dollar radio setups" kept me out of the RC aspect of building and flying aircraft for a long time. Nowadays, with the Hobbyking, Turnigy, Orange type of pricing I can enjoy this part of the hobby as well. I own a well used Futatba FM tx, but I use Corona rx's with it. I WON"T pay the price for futaba rx's. I also own a new Turnigy 9x radio, and am pleased as punch with it. I have had no crashes due to radio failures, only my own. I think with the money made from the Hitec, Futaba,etc names, they should  not only be able to pay for your plane, they should do so in the intrest of good customer service, which may be to their best intrest. "Just because it costs more, doesn't make it better". Better customer service makes it better!!
 I was told by an Old-timer, "If you ain't ready to crash, You ain't ready to fly" as he walked back to his truck with a monokote bag full of busted balsa...[8D]
Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 AM
JIMF14D

Keep dreaming on that "pay for replacement stuff". Ain't gonna happen and it shouldn't.

Jim D