Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Twin aileron 5645's really slow

Old 07-27-2011, 06:43 PM
flyerdave
My Feedback: (211)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Twin aileron 5645's really slow

I have a Hangar 9 33% Sukhoi with two servos on each wing half.I'm running the rx and servos through an older version smartfly for futaba. The Rx is a 149DP and the batteries are two 2700ma NiMH run to the smartfly. What I don't understand is the servos on the right aileron are fine and have good speed but the ones on the left aileron are super slow almost slow motion. Could this be the two fighting each other or just a bad servo? Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 06:55 PM
karolh

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Twin aileron 5645's really slow

Try switching the servos and see what happens, as I suspect it might be a faulty servo connector causing the problem.

Karol
Old 07-28-2011, 06:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Disconnect one servo electrically and mechanically and see what happens, then try the other and see.

Could be lots of things but that will help you narrow it down.
Old 08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5645's are slow! transit times are not good for adanced 3d. which is why I am looking at other faster digitals..
Old 08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to check their "speed" settings through a Hitec programmer. Make sure they are the same and quickest.

To check whether the two servos are fighting each other, you can measure the current draw (value A) of the battery with only the two servos in question plugged in. Then check the current draw with one of the two servos (value B and C) plugged in. "A" should be roughly equal to "B + C" when both servos move in sync.