Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Spektrum DX3S Issue

Old 08-04-2011, 04:04 AM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spektrum DX3S Issue

I'm having an issue with the throttle channel on my DX3S. It happens with multiple receivers and speed controls, so I'm fairly certain it's the transmitter.

When I let the throttle go to neutral it only stays there for a split second (even if I'm not touching the trigger at all). It will very quickly act as if I'm very slightly giving throttle. The ESC will indicate slight throttle almost imediately, and then it will slowly build higher until the vehicle is actually driving forwards slightly. If I blip the trigger in either direction it will stop and go back to neutral, but will again start slowly applying throttle on it's own.

I can adjust the trim to make it stop, but once I give throttle a few times it will begin doing the same thing again. I even tried widening the neutral width in my ESC programming, but the issue persists.

I've had the DX3S for a while (couple years I think) and it just started this issue. It seems to work ok otherwise, and for the most part, it's not a huge issue when driving around, though it is annoying. One of the main problems is that the ammount of time it remains in neutral is usually just a bit shorter than the time it takes any of my ESCs to arm reverse. So getting my cars to go backwards has become tricky. I could simply change the ESC settings to eliminate the reverse delay, but I hate when I get a little too carried away with the brakes and the tires lock up and the ESC imediately switches to reverse and ends up spinning the car out. So I really prefer it waits to see neutral before engaging reverse.

I figure unless I can open it up and find something obvious (loose throttle potentiometer or something) my only option is to send it to Horizon. Anybody have any similar issues? Anybody have any experience with out of warranty service from Horizon?