Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

spektrum DX6I charging problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 04:09 PM
tractor1964

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spektrum DX6I charging problem

Just purchased new dx6i radio. I installed the rechargable spektrum batteries and gave them a 10 hour charge. when i turn on the radio, the battery charge level on the display screen is only at a 50 percent charge. The batteries are charging to 5.6volts.if that is a full charge then why doesent the battery charge level show 100 percent ?? When i put in energizers AA, it shows 100 percent charge at 6.6 volts.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:35 PM
tenpower

Default RE: spektrum DX6I charging problem

May want to try cycling the battery. I had a similar problem with a different battery and after 3 or 4 cycles, the battery came to life.

good luck.
Old 08-09-2011, 05:11 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

probably influenced somewhat by the fact that NiMh rechargeable batteries are 1.2V batteries, while AA Alkaline batteries are 1.5V cells.

In looking at the manual it appears they use the same low voltage cutoff of 4.1V for whatever type of batteries you have in the radio.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:04 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: tractor1964

Just purchased new dx6i radio. I installed the rechargable spektrum batteries and gave them a 10 hour charge. when i turn on the radio, the battery charge level on the display screen is only at a 50 percent charge. The batteries are charging to 5.6volts.if that is a full charge then why doesent the battery charge level show 100 percent ?? When i put in energizers AA, it shows 100 percent charge at 6.6 volts.
I don't think the batteries charge fully when charging them in the radio with the supplied charge unit..

I can never get more than 5.6 volts which quickly drops to 5.5 and 5.4 after just a few minutes..

This is with 3 different DX6is and 3 different charge packs..

I now take the AA batteries out of the radio and charge them in a high quality Delta V charger that tops them up fully with trickle charging..

This gives me 6.0volts indication initially, dropping to around 5.8 volts within 30 mins of use.. but they won't drop to 5.5 v for at least an hour of TX use..

Try charging the batteires out of the radio.... its a small nuisance but I just got used to it

You can see in this video my voltage is 5.9 volts. at this stage the radio had been on for about 20 mins.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_Tbes9f1_c