Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Are they Futaba 3003 Servos

Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 PM
Quigleywins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are they Futaba 3003 Servos

Well after posting a question regarding the operation of the servos I have (S 3003) in the product suport ,Im trying to determine if they are a Futaba product or a clone.Below is the last post,It give a good description of the problem that I'm having will all 12. If they are clones I'm sure that I was not the only person that aquired the same items from Hong Kong. Yours Paul T
I have had several Emails requesting that I put this thread on so comments could be made by the readers of RC U.

Krysta many thanks for your quick reply. After reading your post I then set up the Aurora transmitter and matched reciever with 4 of the offending servos. I put a new 6Volt Nicad 1100mAh battery pack straight into the reciver (no switch) I placed the items on a wooden kitchen table. The results were the same as when I last used them in my aircraft They all have movement that is not relatred to the transmitter stick movement. After a siginal is sent from the transmitter the servo may move for 5 to 10 seconds in either direction and then stop not always in the same place but close.As for the radio equipment I use it every week with no problems. For this test I did not try the Spektrum out fit as it will be the same results as it was when I last looked at these servos. At the end of the test I replaced the throttle servo point with a Hitec servo and it worked perfectly. Has there been any people that have made copies of your product. I am prepared to send a sample to you on a no return basis if for no other reason than you can see for your self the problem.As it stands now they will be going straight in the bin. Yours Paul T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl30505.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1650073   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41634.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	1650074  
Old 08-17-2011, 04:45 PM
karolh

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Are they Futaba 3003 Servos

The rather poor quality of the moulding for the case, plus the fact that the servo arms are missing the deg. offset nuumbers which are standard for Futaba, suggests that they are all clones. But then what else is new.

Karol
Old 08-17-2011, 06:28 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL:Quigleywins Well after posting a question regarding the operation of the servos I have (S 3003) in the product suport ,Im trying to determine if they are a Futaba product or a clone.Below is the last post,It give a good description of the problem that I'm having will all 12. If they are clones I'm sure that I was not the only person that aquired the same items from Hong Kong. Yours Paul T
I have had several Emails requesting that I put this thread on so comments could be made by the readers of RC U.Krysta many thanks for your quick reply. After reading your post I then set up the Aurora transmitter and matched reciever with 4 of the offending servos. I put a new 6Volt Nicad 1100mAh battery pack straight into the reciver (no switch) I placed the items on a wooden kitchen table. The results were the same as when I last used them in my aircraft They all have movement that is not relatred to the transmitter stick movement. After a siginal is sent from the transmitter the servo may move for 5 to 10 seconds in either direction and then stop not always in the same place but close.As for the radio equipment I use it every week with no problems. For this test I did not try the Spektrum out fit as it will be the same results as it was when I last looked at these servos. At the end of the test I replaced the throttle servo point with a Hitec servo and it worked perfectly. Has there been any people that have made copies of your product. I am prepared to send a sample to you on a no return basis if for no other reason than you can see for your self the problem.As it stands now they will be going straight in the bin. Yours Paul T.
An old warning review and report, with full details and photos.

Buyer Beware: Fake Futaba S3003 Servos Counterfeiters Strike Again

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 08-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I actually had a few of the clones someone gave me with a bunch of other stuff I bought and they actually worked fine in the 40 size planes.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:48 PM
Quigleywins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well AT you have come to my rescue again ,you must be on my Christmas list now. I read the link on your post with great intrest and when the end is removed it reveals the cheap and nasty clone. As for the gear set they are the same and the case is ,I think a perfect match. So to end the thread I thank all that have replyed and helped. Actualy I feel rather pleased that the Futuba produck is OK to use as this deal had left me thinking that I would never use there products again. I will post some more photos of what I have. Yours Paul T.