Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

volcano exp pro problems

Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM
3boyshere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano exp pro problems

My son purchased a volcano exp pro a few weeks ago....it worked great for a week...then two things happened...he purchased a new battery so he could charge one/run one and the day he ran the new battery he got the receiver wet....immediately it shut down. We thought it was the receiver and purchased a new one and tried resetting it but to no avail.
We have no clue...help!!
Hubby can fix any motor(gas powered) but this is out of our league.
any tips advice or other help would be extremely appreciated!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:24 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: volcano exp pro problems

ORIGINAL: 3boyshere

My son purchased a volcano exp pro a few weeks ago....it worked great for a week...then two things happened...he purchased a new battery so he could charge one/run one and the day he ran the new battery he got the receiver wet....immediately it shut down. We thought it was the receiver and purchased a new one and tried resetting it but to no avail.
We have no clue...help!!
Hubby can fix any motor(gas powered) but this is out of our league.
any tips advice or other help would be extremely appreciated!

You may have damaged the ESC which has a BEC that provides voltage to the Motor and the Rec. The Rec can usually be opened, cleaned with alcohol, and dried with a hair dryer or left to sit overnight. If the ESC gets wet, you can fry it.