Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Hitec Eclipse 7 Transmitter

Old 08-26-2011, 11:48 AM
prichiuso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hitec Eclipse 7 Transmitter

Does anyone know of a way to increase the model memory on an Eclipse 7 ??
Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hitec Eclipse 7 Transmitter

ORIGINAL: prichiuso Does anyone know of a way to increase the model memory on an Eclipse 7 ??
1. Hitec Eclipse 7 - Double Model memory.

2. Upgrade: Eclipse 7 PRO 2.4GHz
. Eclipse 7 PRO 2.4GHz has a high intensity white backlit LCD Screen, ergonomically positioned, back panel slider, ultra-smooth quad-ball bearing gimbals, intuitive control switches, built-in telemetry and a one-way AFHSS 2.4GHz system.
. Eclipse 7 PRO 2.4GHz offers specific programming for fixed wing, glow, gas or electric planes, helicopters and sailplanes. With 16-model maximum storage and an array of telemetric functions including sensor monitoring and on-board receiver low battery warning.

much more on the Eclipse under
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links (quick search = Ctrl+F)

Alan T.
Old 09-03-2011, 04:59 PM
lbarnes

Great idea AT on the piggy back chip.

I remember back in the 80's we did this to ram chips on computers to increase the onboard ram.

I may just need to try it on my Eclipse 7.

I bought a Tracker III when I ran out of model memory.

Larry
Old 09-04-2011, 11:32 AM
prichiuso

Larry,

I did too !!! I love my Tracker III. The only complaint I have is I bought it before Polk dropped the price to $99.00. Besides the model memory, I love the internal frequency setting. No switches to mess with. But I also have a 75 MHz Spectra Module for my Eclipse and when I'm testing receivers, the switchable module is sometimes more conveinient.
Let me know if you figure out a way to put a new memory chip in the Eclipse, I'm handy with a oldering iron !!