Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

6 Volt 2300mah battery on a spectrum rx??

Old 08-31-2011, 10:48 AM
flyierjon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6 Volt 2300mah battery on a spectrum rx??

Hi all, its been awhile for me, just getting back into the swing of things and last I was flying was regular 72 and am in the process of switching to 2.4 will I be able to run my 6 volt batteries 2300mah on the spectrum receivers??? or will this cause overloading? what is the best way to go using this battery?

Thanks
Jon
Old 08-31-2011, 10:52 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: 6 Volt 2300mah battery on a spectrum rx??

ORIGINAL: flyierjon

Hi all, its been awhile for me, just getting back into the swing of things and last I was flying was regular 72 and am in the process of switching to 2.4 will I be able to run my 6 volt batteries 2300mah on the spectrum receivers??? or will this cause overloading? what is the best way to go using this battery?

Thanks
Jon
The receivers have no problem with 6v. Some servos are not compatible with 6v. Check the box the servos came in or call the manufacturer
Old 08-31-2011, 10:56 AM
flyierjon

all my servos are, I can still use the same servos with the new spectrum rx. Thanks for your help rich!!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:06 AM
BuschBarber
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: flyierjon

all my servos are, I can still use the same servos with the new spectrum rx. Thanks for your help rich!!
I have switched to unregulated LiFe Rx batteries or regulated LiPo Rx batteries. They cost the same as NiMh butbthey charge much faster and the charge lasts for months.

I use FMA 10S and 4S chargers.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:16 AM
flyierjon

its just going in a GP super skybolt with a 1.20 four stroke magnum engine. Just trying to get a plane flying again... its been about 2 years since I was able to fly due to moving and new job and all... not to mention 2 crashed planes on the same day (one being my 40% staudacher sadly enough) at a fly-in just north of syracuse the summer of 2009.... []