Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

re ign interference

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 04:37 PM
jimy1321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re ign interference

I read in a post on this sight somewhere that wire throttle ccontrol linkage on a gasser is a bad idea . So here is my issue : I have a seagull 120 size AT6 built and ready to go ,I am running a dle 30 on this aircraft . All the servos are mounted in the cowling with wire ccontrol linkages running the full length of the plane;ie no way to isolate the rx from the ign. Am I flirtin with disaster or what? I dont need any more balsa firewood as i have plenty to get me through the winter.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:19 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: re ign interference

Would be great help if you could post a picture showing the actual location of the servos in the model.

Karol
Old 09-10-2011, 05:25 PM
John C

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What brand of radio are you using? Spektrum with remote Rx's might help alleviate the problem, tho I am not an expert on this. Best thing is a rigorous range check with teh engine running to smoke out any issues.

John C
Old 09-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Awful thin on the description of your install, but a few general considerations;

1. 2.4GHz radios are less susceptible to ignition interference than 72MHz radios but can still be knocked out by loose sparks from the ignition module.

2. There should be no metal to metal contact on control rods anywhere in the plane but most especially the throttle. You can use a metal rod, just make sure you have something like a ball link on the ends.

3. The old rule about all engine electrical components need to be at least 12" from any rx stuff can pretty much be disregarded and it's not possible in some models anyway, provided you've done a clean install.

4. Make SURE you do a running engine ground range check after the first one without the engine running.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 PM
jimy1321

tha nk you! I am running a JR X9503 and a JR   R921X rx  the dogonn dle wont run at this point I suspect the ign. is bad as i has no arc and spark action parts should be here any day ! lol
Old 09-11-2011, 09:34 PM
jimy1321

I have also purchased a kodak : as soon as i figure this electronic wizerdree out I will post pictures